The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin Turbo GZ auto - 400 bhp (1993)

Chris and Alana

Twin Turbo GZ auto - 400 bhp (1993)

I never thought I would sell this car and I certainly wasn't planning on doing it now but due to having a dog (don't worry he has never been in this car) and a now a six week old baby boy it is not practical for me to keep anymore. I have always ran a second car along side this (a civic Vti) which is used for work and transporting the troops but now I have a family I want to sell both and just run one practical car which is why I am selling. So, lets start with some history:-

The car was imported into the country in June 2006 by a company called Vine Place situated in Durham at the time. According to them and the Log book it has only had 1 previous owner all its life.

I am the second owner and have owned it since July 2006. It came into the country with approximately 72,500km which translated to 45k miles. Vine Place convert the Speedo and odo to read miles before the car is sold and in the 4 years I have owned it I have racked up a total of 23,864k miles making a total of 68,864k miles! That's just over 4k miles per year on average since new! To show how little it has been used I have covered 2k miles last year from MOT to MOT which is another reason why I cannot justify keeping it.

The car was MOT'd on 04/08/2010 and passed with flying colours

6 Months Tax

The car has mostly been garaged while I have owned her and she has had many parts fiited over those 4 years, some maintenance and some performance etc. Lets start with maintenance:-

I have paperwork showing what I believe to be service records while it lived in Japan, however I prefer to do all my own routine service work with my cars so I know exactly what has went into it , therefore I have no garage records of servicing while I have owned her. However, I do have some receipts to show work done such as timing belt, suspension etc.

I have just put over £600 worth of brand new vredestein ultrac sessanta tyres all round just 1 month ago, MOT shows 7mm all round on every tyre!

Engine oil and filter is changed every 3k miles (only 1k miles covered between changes this year!) and I only use Silkolene Pro s 5W40..

All Fluids have been changed this year in April (always before the car goes back on the road after the winter) which include Engine oil, Diff oil, 2l change of ATF, Brake Fluid with DOT 5.1, coolant, and PAS Fluid. I have also just changed the plugs with NGK BKR7EIX (iridium plugs).

Also had a brand new calcium battery this April.

The car has had its Timing belt and water pump changed in 2007 and had brand new Bilstein Shocks and the newer VVTi suspension springs fitted in 2008 by a company called Formula 1 in Byker, Newcastle.

Brake Disks and pads changed in 2008 with 3G Grooved and Dimpled Disks and Chris Wilson Fast Road Pads.

Now I am starting to Bridge onto Performance mods here is my spec list :-

Tuning:-

BPU:-

Custom made induction kit and heat shield

Toyo Sport FMIC

HKS SSQV Dump Valve

NGK BKR7EIX (iridium plugs)

Walbro GSS 342 fuel pump

Whifbitz 2.5" 1st decat pipe

Japspeed 3" second decat pipe

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust

restrictor ring (1.1bar)

25 row ATF cooler

Electronics:-

Greddy FCD

RLTC (Racelogic Traction Control)

Boost Gauge

Engine Oil Temp Gauge

Engine Oil Pressure Gauge

ATF Temp Gauge

Top Speed delimiter and MPH converter

Engine Bling:-

Polished fuse box cover

Polished ignitor cover

Polished relay cover

Polished Intercooler pipes

Polished upper rad hose

Polished PAS resivour

Miami GT polished spark plug cover

Polished strut brace

Polished Turbo Pipes

Polished Throttle body and Plenum

Polished induction kit pipework

Polished cam covers

Polished toyo sport oil catch can

Polished battery cover

Polished Brake fluid resivour cover and cap

Exterior:-

Top Secret type 2 front bumper

Toyota side skirts

Toyota rear spats

TRD rear spoiler

Refurbished J-spec headlights (facelift look-a-like)

Clear side repeaters

6000k HID's & white LED side lights

Colour coded front indicators

Custom full clear rear lights

Interior:-

Black leather interior

Various Gauges

Visual Performance white dials

Toyota chrome bezels

Polished heater rings and heater control knobs

Isotta Vigarano steering wheel with Cruise control

Leather hand brake cover

RLTC fitted into dash

Wheels and tyres:-

18" Devil AX147 alloys

vredestein ultrac sessanta tyres all round

8x18 front with 235/40/18 tyres

9x18 rear with 265/35/18 tyres

Brakes:-

Black J-spec calipers with white 'Supra' decal's

Goodridge braided brake lines (Front and Rear)

3G Grooved and dimpled disk's (Front and Rear)

Chris Wilson Fast Road Pads (Front and Rear)

Brake master cylinder stopper

DOT 5.1 Fluid

Suspension:-

Bilstein Shocks

VVTi springs

Front strut brace

ICE:-

Kenwood Head unit (KDG 7031)

16.5cm JBL co-axials in front doors

16.5cm JBL co-axials in the rear

2 x JBL GT4 - 10" subs in custom boxes

JBL 601.1 amp - 580w rms

Security:-

Sterling Cat1 alarm and Immobiliser

Performance:-

401.2BHP and 426FTLB @1.1 bar (Dyno sheet to prove)

The car has always drove very well and has no mechanical problems that I am aware of, having just passed its MOT less than a week ago is reassuring for both myself and hopefully the new owner.

There are many thousands of pounds been spent on this car over the years and I consider it to be a full BPU package. The interior is clean with no rips or tears in the leather and the engine bay has taken quite a while to collect all the bits and bobs but I will let the photos do the talking.

Finally, I hope the new owner has as much joy from the car as I have had but its time I moved on to more practical things (for now anyway)

The Price - I would like £8000 for her now reduced to £7500 NOW £6995

Piston Heads Add:-

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1939828.htm

Exterior Pics:-

Interior Pics:-

Engine Bay :-

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely peak torque = 426 not 370?

Good luck with the sale!

Yeah I thought that when I got the print out but never asked. I have used that dyno before as well as other members on here and their readings seem spot on so dont know if it was type error or something. Maybe that figure is manually typed their to help people read their graph and they just put the wrong number in :search: we went on a dyno day so was very busy, Im sure the operators head was full of figures lol

nice car - love the engine bay...good luck with sale! :thumbs:

Thanks dude. it took a while to collect all those bits. I have just got it the way I wanted and now Im selling :( I need a more practical car for now and I just want to run 1 car instead of 2, it means only one of everything tax, insurance, mot etc. I will get a fun car agin at some point but maybe a big V8 :eyebrows:

Lovely car mate, good luck with the sale.

I know you've been in the scene for pretty much the same time as me and I've always thought you've taken care/modded your car to my standards, which is credit to you :)

Thank you very much :D I am glad others like my taste in mods, I tried to do things that suit the car and hopefully appeal to the majority of people rather than spoil it but everyone has their own opinions and taste so what one likes another may not but thats what makes us human lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This car is stunning! A heads up on the MG ZS front though - I had one of these as my previous car so a word of advice, dont buy one! :) I had one that only covered 27k and by the time it hit 30k the hadgasket was on its way out so got the upgraded gasket kit from landrover for this which wasnt cheap. Commonfault.com and not worth the hassle. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.