The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi 2jzgte pinout and wiring interest

Guest 98SZR

Guest 98SZR

EDIT - 2JZGTE VVTi ECU Pinouts now available for download here:

2JZGTE VVTi Pinouts - PDF

2JZGTE VVTi Pinouts - XLS

2JZGTE VVTi Wiring Digrams (also includes non-vvti) - ZIP

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hey all,

Was wondering what the interest would be in a completely correct 2jzgte vvti ECU pinout and wiring diagram. Currently there are some scattered articles and some dodgy incorrect pinouts around (here and other places, no offense to those that have contributed).

I've spent a while cross referencing some wiring diagrams and my loom and have got all the pinouts 100% correct. I'm looking at providing a excel spreadsheet with 3 workbooks. Explaining the ECU pinouts, with diagrams, the diagrams in order, and an explanation of what some of the symbols and letters mean just for vvti's.

Also I will be providing the wiring diagrams for the engine, harness. You can then hook up your BPU items such as a boost controller, BCC etc Also you can hook up your stand alone ECU without having to worry about wiring, and your tuner spending half their time figuring out what goes where, which can be time consuming.

Edited by 98SZR (see edit history)

Considering you aren't even a club member, and you are attempting to trade on here, it is a bit rich to leave a statement such as 'Other option is you all figure it out like I have Opinions???'

Fair enough, you are offering something which MAY or may not be useful, but still a bit of a mickey take I think personally, given that you have had access to the resources on here without paying either!

How about a one off £20, and then the info is posted in sticky section and it is public knowledge as well?

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Guest 98SZR
Considering you aren't even a club member, and you are attempting to trade on here, it is a bit rich to leave a statement such as 'Other option is you all figure it out like I have Opinions???'

Fair enough, you are offering something which MAY or may not be useful, but still a bit of a mickey take I think personally, given that you have had access to the resources on here without paying either!

How about a one off £20, and then the info is posted in sticky section and it is public knowledge as well?

Hey mate,

Sorry totally forgot about the paying membership part. That's defiantly a fair comment. Maybe I didn't word the last sentence very well either.

My back ground is AUD and US forums, with lots of technical and informational posts. I'm a very well known member and trusted member with lots of trader feedback on the aussie forums. I've always read this forums for many years now, my old account got deleted though!

Maybe if I could be offered a club membership I would provide this information free of charge in a membership only section, that way it's benefiting all your paid up members. Open to suggestions? Also I gathered all my vvti wiring diagrams and pinouts from an external source before UK forums, but then gathered an extra pinout diagram off here. But I must say you guys have lots more VVTi info on here, really good stuff :)

Hey mate,

Sorry totally forgot about the paying membership part. That's defiantly a fair comment. Maybe I didn't word the last sentence very well either.

My back ground is AUD and US forums, with lots of technical and informational posts. I'm a very well known member and trusted member with lots of trader feedback on the aussie forums. I've always read this forums for many years now, my old account got deleted though!

Maybe if I could be offered a club membership I would provide this information free of charge in a membership only section, that way it's benefiting all your paid up members. Open to suggestions? Also I gathered all my vvti wiring diagrams and pinouts from an external source before UK forums, but then gathered an extra pinout diagram off here. But I must say you guys have lots more VVTi info on here, really good stuff :)

Fair play then :) (Erm, not my members though, I am but a mere serf on this board :)) Hopefully one of the mods will pick up on this.

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Guest 98SZR
Fair play then :) (Erm, not my members though, I am but a more serf on this board :)) Hopefully one of the mods will pick up on this.

No worries mate, guess it all depends on the ashes and the rugby on whether it would happen :)

This forum is for advice and help, and people pay a membership to be part of a community with similar interests. Personally I feel it a completely out of line to charge for something like this, as all the other info is on here free of charge by people who just want to help and aren't out for a quick buck. And what is "$20GBP"??

:swearsign:,

Edited by MarkR (see edit history)

Guest 98SZR
This forum is for advice and help, and people pay a membership to be part of a community with similar interests. Personally I feel it a completely out of line to charge for something like this, as all the other info is on here free of charge by people who just want to help and aren't out for a quick buck. And what is "$20GBP"??

:swearsign:,

Fair enough, price removed, I've provided all my FAQ's and info free of charge too, guess I spent a lot of time on this and thought there might be interest for a packaged CD or something, guess not. I'm sure everyone can use what's already available.

Fair enough, price removed, I've provided all my FAQ's and info free of charge too, guess I spent a lot of time on this and thought there might be interest for a packaged CD or something, guess not. I'm sure everyone can use what's already available.

Quite a few other people on here have provided FAQs, guides, articles et al as well as day to day advice, for $0GBP and after paying for their membership ;)

But seriously, thank you for a very valid contribution (is there a readily available link to the wiring guide?) and please enjoy your warm fuzzy feeling of helping out a lot of other people :thumbs:

-Ian

I see your point but you have to see that we're all here to help each other. I'm pleased to see you've removed it. Thanks for that :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 98SZR
Hey, did you ever upload the info? Seems like after this thread you stopped posting?

Hey mate, not on here much, should really put thread subscription on. Have uploaded the final data to the first post :)