The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door open light and ignition light on all the time

Homer

As title really, even when the car is locked up and verything is shut they stay on.

Is it possible that the door open warning system is casuing the ignition light (green light around the ignition) to come on?

I guess one of the door or boot sensors is not connected up... anywhere got an idea where to look for those?

i'm pretty sure the boot doent have one, however the door sensors are part of the door latch system on the body of the car

Thats strange, there is sensor on mine, but I guess it's leftover from the Clifford alarm that used to be in the car, it's certainly not stock.

Have you got an alarm Homer? Since I got my Clifford 650 put in mine does what you describe as well, but only for 2 minutes.

Erm, no alarm at all, but I did rip out a Clifford as some of it was missing. Everything is plugged in but I guess the line must be cut into somewhere.

The windows don't work either so I guess it's something left over from the alarm causing these faults...

I once had this problm when I changed the door lock light to a blue LED one. It turned out that one of the LED legs was grounding out on the body work, fooling the system into thinking the car door was permanently open.

Thanks Kev, good tip, I'll keep that in mind going through the wiring tomorrow!

sounds like its one of the door switches in the locking latch, pull out the dome fuse to see if the lights go out.

Thanks Abs, will take a look at those tomorrow, hope it's not as they're a b*gger to get to!

If you get really stuck and you can wait 2 weeks, I'll come and look at it :)

Cheers Gav, much appreicated as always :thumbs: Hopefully it'll be solved by then!

As title really, even when the car is locked up and verything is shut they stay on.

Is it possible that the door open warning system is casuing the ignition light (green light around the ignition) to come on?

I guess one of the door or boot sensors is not connected up... anywhere got an idea where to look for those?

This happened to my supra, On mine it was the plastic bit on the door that pushes the sensor when the door has closed, It came lose and wasn't pushing the sensor in far enough

Fixed :)

As normal, check the simple things first! I was missing the little stopper on the door that activates the door closed sensor.

Also sorted the windows, I missed part of the clifford wiring which was chopped into the door wiring loom. Rewired and it all works.

Thanks for the suggestions all :)