The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another RLTC problem.

RedM

Yeh but Redm is thinking of tomorrow, when his supe will be single and is slowly getting togther all his parts, a bit like me:D

Soz RedM just read your post now.

Ack, don't worry about it. Just pissed off and grumbly.

I wish I could go single. I wish I could put some new suspension on it. I wish I could have some nice wheels.

We had a talk today (me and my partner) and we came close to selling the Supra. We are both fed up with having to have her looked at almost every month. We can't afford to keep throwing money at her but can't sell her as is. Not if we hope to see anything from the sale. Every repair or new part I buy is bought with a view to having it last as long as possible. So, new coil packs not second-hand etc.

Fed up. Really fed up.

UPDATE:

Had the RL wiring looked at by a qualified electrician this evening. He wasn't impressed by the quality of the work.

1. No Multilok connectors as per the manual. This means that if I needed to send the RL unit back I'd have to have the wires cut and soldered together in order to use the car.

2. The wires have been spliced very close to the ECU (metal box on right hand side of footwell) allowing hardly any room to add Multiloks. He said that the RL loom would have to be used.

3. There appears to have been a splice attempted onto a wrong wire. He was 99% certain of that.

He believes that a much better job could have been made of it and to highlight this we had a look at Steve Singles set-up. Looked like a work of art!

As far as being able to say if it is a wiring fault that is causing my problems he cannot say for certain. Not without going over it inch by inch and we didn't have time for that.

I might take a trip to RL and let them have a once-over and then go from there.

Two units now. I am not happy.

As I am running a group buy on this right now and doing alot of fitting, could I just say we did NOT fit this system.

yeah yeah, tell it to the judge! lol

Pinkey, where did you have it fitted out of interest? To prevent other members making the same mistake..

To clarify things.

Martin James / mkivstore were not involved in the installation. Martin has been extremely helpful with the problems I've had. He has an idea of how to help me out which ups his customer service level into outer space. If we go that route, I'll let you know.

Until I know 100% what the issue is I won't be naming names. I have asked RL to have a look at the unit and installation. If that goes ahead then it's more petrol money but I hope they of all people will be able to say what the problem is.

Hope you get it sorted out mate it`s been a real bummer for you. More expense accured if you have to travel down to racelogic. If Phil tells you how to convert from the manual program into the auto version you could come down to Tony`s garage with me and upload my DAT then make the changes on the lap top:) See if that works.

I now appear to have kind of cracked it with help from Racelogic, Lucifer (mkivstore.com) and Terminator.

It appears that (and RL have no idea why) that Launch Control has activated. I don't have the LC button option but my DAT (supplied by Terminator) has settings for LC and my rev cut problem matches the settings for launch control.

I should say first of all that this isn't a fault with Terminator. The DAT worked fine for many weeks and I experienced no problems at all. However, for reasons unknown, a simple disconnection of the battery corrupted the unit and activated launch control.

The solution was blindingly simple. Raise the launch cut settings to 7500rpm. Voila. For the time being it is working. Fingers crossed.:rolleyes: