The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AFR Ratios?

Soonto_HAS_soop

Just trying to set up my new Innovate Motorsports wideband, but just wondering what people think about the range of AFR I should have it monitor?

I currently have it set to 9.0-15.5, but it keeps flashing alarms up at me as when I get off throttle, it goes nuts.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, anyone thinking of getting this gauge, well worth it, simple yet very clever, better than any of the other WB's that I've seen, well worth the cash.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

probably has an alarm, when you go off throttle it goes quite lean, my AEM W/B goes off-scale which is around 17.

Yeah, it comes standard at 10.0-19.4 which I thought was a little too high, may have to go back and change it all.

Blimey, just realised, you've posted in a thread other than Mallets Mallet Si!!! LOL! :read:

Yup, every time you lift off you'l get lean readings - mine goes to 19:1. That's why having an alarm function on a wideband AFR gauge seems to me to be a waste of time :) You'll trigger it all the time under normal driving.

10's are a bit over-rich Clarkey...?

-Ian

Mine was running mega righ until sorted by Motec but my AEM WB is now playing silly buggers and nor registering properly at all. When we took it out the sensor part was very black.

Could this mean a knackered sensor or does it just need cleaning? If cleaning is the solution, how does one do that?

Mine was running mega righ until sorted by Motec but my AEM WB is now playing silly buggers and nor registering properly at all. When we took it out the sensor part was very black.

Could this mean a knackered sensor or does it just need cleaning? If cleaning is the solution, how does one do that?

I would just get a new sensor mate.. The AEM's dont tell you if the sensor needs replacing..

Could this be the first one we have seen (as a club) with a very reduced life span due to running it too close to the turbo? AEM Suggests placing it 3 foot away from the turbo outlet.

You could also try brake cleaner for the sensor, do NOT try WD40 though.

A blowtorch is handy, it can safely burn off the carbon deposits.

In any case, replacement sensors are quite cheap from Thor, aren't they? Last time I checked they were £40-50 I think, quite reasonable.