The mkiv Supra Owners Club

crd car for sale?

darren j adams

The car looks the part love the rims. As for Calder, when I was buying my first Supra went to Calder, had traveled all the way from Nortern Ireland, and when we got there, the bloke was too busy talking to his mate in a van, to open the place, we waited about 20 mins, so we went on to Kaye McKays, and were treated a lot better and bought my first lovely Sup.

Sounds like the Belfast motor trade. I once visited 22 garages in one day in the greater Belfast area, with a 328 sport BMW to trade in and £7K cash to spend on top of it, car was about £17K in glasses BB. I was determined to get rid of the heap for something, anything. On principle I was willing to show an interest in cars but not tug the salesmen's coats to get their attention.

Only two garages spoke to me, Des Eastwood Subaru, and Westbury. Most of the rest sat with their feet up on their desks and had social conversations on the phone. I can home without a deal as neither had anything i fancied. Award for total ignorant shytes goes to McGarrity Honda. I spent 20 mins gazing into the windows and sitting on the ground outside their front windows leaning on the Accord type R. It was a nice sunny day, they had pretty much no other customers in that time, during which they gaped at me but didnt as much say "Hello". I left without even a nod.

It was a hot summer day, thats for sure, maybe my t-shirt and jeans wasn't posh enough for them. I pay more in tax a year than any of these commissioned turkeys earn, pity they couldn't lower themselves to speak, snobby so and so's.

I sympathise with their above incident. If any member of staff of mine behaved in that manner i would sack on the spot for gross negligence.

The car trade - where pigs fly.

hi just seen this thred and thought I would reply and set a few lies straight, firstly the supra for sale on e-bay is our old car which we sold over 1 year ago, it is not us who has the car for sale but its current owner. The owner loves the car but does not find it practical for every day use, no one has e-mail me asking who much, and no one has seen it in auto trader in the last few weeks either, the car owner will take offers around £25k for the car which is a lot of money but you have no idea how nice this car is or the money that has been spent on it either, the sound system alone cost £10k, the wheels are £1000 per corner ect. The last thing we are allways open to any coments or suggesting's but do me a favour tell me and I will adress them directly, I hope this clears this up for you guys. regards Dee

hi just seen this thred and thought I would reply and set a few lies straight, firstly the supra for sale on e-bay is our old car which we sold over 1 year ago, it is not us who has the car for sale but its current owner. The owner loves the car but does not find it practical for every day use, no one has e-mail me asking who much, and no one has seen it in auto trader in the last few weeks either, the car owner will take offers around £25k for the car which is a lot of money but you have no idea how nice this car is or the money that has been spent on it either, the sound system alone cost £10k, the wheels are £1000 per corner ect. The last thing we are allways open to any coments or suggesting's but do me a favour tell me and I will adress them directly, I hope this clears this up for you guys. regards Dee

the car definately is the best supra i have ever seen , but with regards to price i e-mailed you or whoever has put it on the auction direct and was told that you were looking for offers around 35k , im glad to hear it must have been a mistake or something as i am a serious bidder and would be interested to pay around the 20k mark if you are interested? my username on ebay is promoacetates

As I stated before, class Supra, fortune spent, owner trying to get a decent price, which is justified, and some dickhead will turn up at CRD with glasses guide, start quoting bottom book and i hope he is thrown out through the gates pronto, as that sort of Moron deserves nothing but a rough standard Supra.

This post is for anyone who didnt quite grasp what i was saying above. :-)

If I didnt have my current Supra, I would give £25K for this, as it would probably take £30K to £35K to build it.

So many Jap imports around flooding the market Current Supra prices are very low. It might not make more than £18K which is a shame and a bad reflection on the modded car market.

That car was on an Australian High Performance Imports DVD from a few years back. They were at the Tokyo Auto Salon and were checking out all of the cool cars in the car park. It is definitely the same car as it's one of a kind IMHO. It looks almost identical to what it is now.

Anyway CRD bought it from auction and then had it featured, which I think they've done with quite a few of "their" cars, MR2 widebody, Integra, FTO etc. Basically they just tidy them up, get the recognition and punt them on.

Feck knows how it's had a fortune spent on it when it looks almost identical as it did in Japan. Sound system, retrim, respray, TT engine & gearbox all adds up I suppose.

10K for a sound system is just bloody stupid and a complete waste of money.

Nice car though......to look at.