The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aux Belt tensioner

Paul372

You can just replace the bearing. CW offers a rebuild service on these, not sure how much, but the bearing itself is about £8.

Mine went a few weeks ago and I just got a bearing and my dad fit it. Said it wasn't much of a struggle. The only tricky bit is trying to move the tensioner to get the belt on. I presume you need a special tool to do it properly, but a big bar seems to work.

spoken to CW, i'm going to take it off tomorrow and send it to him to be repaired £25 hope this sorts the noise out

Have you also checked your crank pulley?

My old NA had the squeaky syndrome. Changed the pulley for new OEM one, changed the belt too. Squeaking went away for a while then returned sporadically. Changed the belt again, disappeared for quite a while. Next owner has changed the belt again and squeaking has disappeared totally I believe... then again he's running a 1JZ now!

I bought this pulley because I thought I had the same squeak. Next day my crank pulley kinda had an issue :( That was my squeak. Got that replaced with no issues luckily :) Hence I have this pulley sat in a box in my office. Was holding onto it and either sell it or put it on mine when I saw trouble.

i've had it all checked out, i tought i was my power steering pump or the crank pulley but my mechanic i use check it all out for me and said its definally the aux belt tensioner, but replacing the crank pulley will be next on my list to do just incase

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.