The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front fog light problem

drift_bear

I've done a search and nothing that helps has came back... Is there more than 1 relay that controls the front fog lights? I've checked all the fuses in both boxes and they are all fine, the relay i picked up local is working cause you can hear it click but no light still. What else to check? They are brand new bulbs, so i can't see them being the issue and they are all connected proper at the light itself...

there is only one relay.

what you could do is put a wire on battery positive terminal and on bulb connector live at the bulb connection without disconnecting the wiring, (should be a green wire with white tracer according to the manual) if they work then you know the earths and bulbs are ok ( both should light up)

if not working then you have either faulty bulbs or an earth problem, then put the wire on earth/negative side of battery and put other end on the bulb earth connection (white with black tracer) then turn on headlights and fogs on and if working, you have earth problem at the lights, if not working you could have two problems, a power and earth problem.

also place bulbs across battery to make sure they are working.

have you got a test light?

fogggsss.JPG

to check fuse etc you could pull out relay and use a short piece of wire to bridge relay connections 3 and 5.

hope this helps, lets us know what you find or if fixed what the fault was.

regards chris