The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member from North Essex

Stevie72

Juanchan

Yep they have been refurbished recently i have the bill in service book and they look pretty good - the 16inc ones on the N/A look a bit poor but 17inch ones are ok to me.

Also want to keep her stock as they insurance companies can get funny! Even though i'm 34 with 9 years no claims!!

PS it's a Auto

I bought my GZ 5.5k over a year ago 66k, however that was not a typical price, anyway i will concede this is'nt the point here, i just smell a rat, several of the garages statements don't add up IMO, however i truely hope i'm wrong. If you get it back tomorrow give it a GOOD shakedown. Good luck Stevie

True, something doesn't ring competely right about this garage, but they took it back within 12 hours to sort, so I'd suggest that they aren't the most disreputable dealer out there (if they are disreputable, which they may not be!)

PS what mileage are you getting to gallon?? I was told 20 odd would be about right?

I've had as low as 15 from a tankful, but I was giving it a fair few beans when I took my cousin for a spin in it :D

Usually average 20-22 mpg.

R Black

What would you think the worst could be then? They've said it is now running, but could they be pulling the wool over my eyes?

I really am not sure, i know how an engine works, but i'm no expert i just think you should get it checked by a Supra/Jap expert for your own piece of mind.

P.S. I don't think its anything major.

PS i get the idea they are the sort of garage that gets em from auctions and recoveries re debts ect - hence the reasonable prices.

I mean they've a G LIMITED MR2 1995 white for £2,495 which seems pretty good and got my Audi A3 Turbo with 123k 1999 reg for 3,400 which is fairly cheap and my old girl had FSH

Why? Have you noticed any ride difference between 17's(assuming you had these before) & 18's as i find it a much harsher ride.

I bought her with the 18s I've got already on, so I can't compare the two unfortunately. I've been in a UK Supra with stock 17s on, but it was lowered slightly with much firmer suspension. I just fancy having it completely stock, no real reason that I don't like the 18s. If I did return it, it wouldn't be just yet as I've just put 4 new tyres on a couple of weeks ago! :)

Juanchan

Yep they have been refurbished recently i have the bill in service book and they look pretty good - the 16inc ones on the N/A look a bit poor but 17inch ones are ok to me.

Also want to keep her stock as they insurance companies can get funny! Even though i'm 34 with 9 years no claims!!

PS it's a Auto

Who are you insured with? I'm with Sky (club insurer) and the alloys didn't affect my premium (24 with 4 years NCB here).

Sorry my English is appallling today - that meant to say they took my Audi A3 Turbo 1999 reg with 116k on the clock with FSH for £3k in part exchange and now have it up for £3,395 which is fairly cheap

It's better than some of the new people who've joined recently - they tend to get flamed for not using correct spelling and grammar! So long as you try and avoid "txt spk" you'll be fine ;)

Juanchan

Budget Insurance but i think the broker is AXA - i work in Banking in relationship ect and 34 no points (although i have a drink driving conviction 2003) premium £440 plus £100Add on's ect so £540 with a hefty excess of £475

You paid a fair bit less than me then! No points or convictions here (not even been stopped in her yet - and I look about 15!) Mine was about £800 I think, but she's on the road (need a garage...) and I don't think my postcode helps too much either

When you come to renew in a year, do some searches on here - insurance discussions have been done to death, but there are plenty of companies mentioned who will be worth giving a ring (A Plan, Adrian Flux, Sky, Admiral Group, Bell seem to be the main ones).

You paid a fair bit less than me then! No points or convictions here (not even been stopped in her yet - and I look about 15!) Mine was about £800 I think, but she's on the road (need a garage...) and I don't think my postcode helps too much either

When you come to renew in a year, do some searches on here - insurance discussions have been done to death, but there are plenty of companies mentioned who will be worth giving a ring (A Plan, Adrian Flux, Sky, Admiral Group, Bell seem to be the main ones).

When i was your age i bought a MR2 1993 UK T Bar and paid around 800 quid, although i know that's a goup 16 not 19!!

Yeh i have had a quote from some of those companies.

I used moneysupermarket.com and that cuts out alot of hassle- then when you get a quote i go direct to the website and get a quote (therefore alleviating the need to pay a premium or mark up to Moneysupermarket!)

Mid life crises my misses says - yeh right i'm only 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I let my mum drive mine last week and all her mates thought she'd had a midlife crisis! Although my mum is somewhat over 34... ;)

PS I always wanted a supra, but back in the day i couldn't afford one - i remember when i picked up my MR2 in 1997 it was £14k for a 1993 and they had a 1993 red UK Twin Turbo with cream leather the same as yours and it was £27k!!!!!

:shock:

At the end of the day, they were £40+ when new! I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, and then I met one of the members on here at work and he told me check the classifieds - I was shocked how cheap they were! Did a few sums, figured I could probably finance one as a weekend toy, then Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, I got one! 12 months ahead of my original plan to buy a decent car....:innocent:

I let my mum drive mine last week and all her mates thought she'd had a midlife crisis! Although my mum is somewhat over 34... ;)

:shock:

At the end of the day, they were £40+ when new! I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, and then I met one of the members on here at work and he told me check the classifieds - I was shocked how cheap they were! Did a few sums, figured I could probably finance one as a weekend toy, then Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, I got one! 12 months ahead of my original plan to buy a decent car....:innocent:

Decent car - you've got one sir!!

Mind you my Audi A3 was a decent little thing and fairly rapid, sorry to see her go, but the big boy's toy won me over!!! can't go to the grave and not drive a Supra!!!! I mean £6k for a near on supercar that makes you grin!

My girlfriend said the smile on my face for the first 12 hours it worked was a picture, espcially leaving the Evo 7 behind on the motorway (not too sure he was giving it his all!!!!):p

Decent car - you've got one sir!!

Mind you my Audi A3 was a decent little thing and fairly rapid, sorry to see her go, but the big boy's toy won me over!!! can't go to the grave and not drive a Supra!!!! I mean £6k for a near on supercar that makes you grin!

My girlfriend said the smile on my face for the first 12 hours it worked was a picture, espcially leaving the Evo 7 behind on the motorway (not too sure he was giving it his all!!!!):p

One of my mates drives an S3, and that doesn't hang around either! A lot of my friends are getting fast "practical" cars. Which means I have no issues if I ever need a wardrobe moving :D

Despite it being a second car, I managed to rack up 6000 miles in 3 months! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face either! It was an expensive few months, but so so worth it.