The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winnersh/Reading area - Friday

Sharpie

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dash, nice soop and good to see another local owner :)

SSS is when you stay with a stock car and then start modding......one you start, you can't stop :D slippery slope :D :D

As for traction on the roads, it is not a good time of year for a high BHP RWD car, you can add Race Logic Traction Control (RLTC) as the stock system is cr@p IMO. Make sure you have good tyres on, I noticed a big difference with my Goodyear F1's all round :thumbs: and best to keep off #2 turbo really this time of year, the roads are cold so traction is down even with the above fitted....anyway, I'll stop preaching ;)

Thanks, that's all great advice! I would like to fit RLTC (as I've already read about the perils of the crappy stock Toyota slip control), but I'm short of cash at the moment and have some higher priorities.

I find the biggest problem with the auto is that sometimes it kicks down when you don't want it to, and sometimes it doesn't kick down when you do. So occasionally #2 comes online unexpectedly and all hell breaks loose!

That's interesting what you said about the cold surfaces. I've heard it said before but didn't believe it could be so significant. However, now you've said so (and through some experience of the slippery back end) I'm inclined to consider the cold more.

Thanks again. See you around Peter!

Guest tdaxgav

Black supra??

I know I met someone in john kleis in a silver veilside job... but I was in a red aerotop at the time...

Perhaps it was someone else I told... I do remember also mentioning the meet that night..

Gav

Guest tdaxgav

Black supra??

I know I met someone in john kleis in a silver veilside job... but I was in a red aerotop at the time...

Perhaps it was someone else I told... I do remember also mentioning the meet that night..

Gav