The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just back from the dyno, comments on results welcome!

Mike B

I was at motorscope last week and is a very nice setup they have. I actually maxed out their dyno with a t78 car we did :D

Your wheel and fly figures look good also not loosing like 22% through the transmission which i have seen on others.

Just so you can see mike i have overlayed your graph against a comparision table i run at SRR but tbh your graph would look alot like the others if was ran at SRR due to the gear which is used (4)and the ramp rate.

Richard uses a slow ramp rate which puts more load on the engine to make the power in earlier across the range, the only down side to this is things getting hotter (ie air temps) at the top end as is a long run.

This is why your power starts to level off after 5k as probably some timing was pulled with the air temps rising.

I believe this is the same with your dyno sheet Nic

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Fletchy/mikebcompare.jpg

Ryan

Nice read.

But that T51 with 272s at 1.4 seems very low...something wrong with the car? With that set-up I would guess high 600s...

or maybe I am colourblind? :)