The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice demonstration of drifting

MrAngry

Originally posted by MrAngry

As a club we should not be condoning speeding, the use of illegal number plates or the illegal decat of cars for use on public roads either! But it is done

Does that make it right?

In my eyes, there's a difference between the above and broadsiding a car on a public road or area where there is always going to be the potential to cause injury to people other than yourself. A far more serious issue IMO.

Originally posted by MrAngry

As a club we should not be condoning speeding, the use of illegal number plates or the illegal decat of cars for use on public roads either! But it is done

Is it? I don't recall seeing mkivsupra.net OK'ing any of those things. Some (most) of the members might do it and discuss it but that doesn't mean the club condones it.

Originally posted by Jake

Is it? I don't recall seeing mkivsupra.net OK'ing any of those things. Some (most) of the members might do it and discuss it but that doesn't mean the club condones it.

The club is made up of the members, that is the entity that forms this club. It has no structured comittee. therefore everyone should use caution in what they post

I'm with tDR.

Nobody should condone the act of drifting on public roads or in public places, hance my comment about the Novas in Asda car park, I see it all the time they wheelspin and get up as much speed as they can in the shortest distance, just so people can hear their zorst!

This is not for the same reasons but is a similar idea.

However on the other side of this argument, slow dog did put his mobile number down instead of putting up details about the 'event', whether to protect his own arse or not it does keep it out of the realm of 'the forum'.

I'd still personally not be interested unless it was private land owned by someone who agrees to us doing it, preferably supervised by safety teams but then that's where the expense comes in.

Some videos of WL drifting on my site for those interested.

Will be adding more vids later, so feel free to browse.

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/Pages/Videos.htm

If I get the car in time for Xmas holidays (Which I have now started) I shall be taking her round this site (as I have some nice open tarmac).

Holding breath for Dude to do me proud :)

Guest slow dog

for the last time i was not in his meet when i was drifting HELLO TDR ANYONE IN THERE

get off your high horse read before you edit and reply

yeh. theres a good boy...............

Guest slow dog

tdr why did you change .

who can read pm's.

to i have got pms.

as a moderator isnt it against the rules to change posts for your own amusment. there was no swearing no threatening behavour

you just changed it to amuse your self you are abusing your moderator rights

lets hope another moderator reads this and corrects the errors of your ways.

just have you have me........

Originally posted by slow dog

for the last time i was not in his meet when i was drifting HELLO TDR ANYONE IN THERE

get off your high horse read before you edit and reply

yeh. theres a good boy...............

errrm hellooo muppet - I didn't say this was concerning the Reading Meet you've managed to spoil for a great deal of people!

As a moderator, I have to moderate people like you starting conspiracy theories about private messages and also have to edit out your phone number as you are trading off the back of this forum when you've not paid your trade membership. So wherever you post your phone number on the forum it will continue to be edited out until you pay your traders fee or come to a firm agreement with Paul E / Miami - as far as we are aware after talking to Paul E, this is not currently the case.

Now unfortunately, you being a smart arse and threatening people on other threads has gotten many peoples backs up to the extent we have to watch whatever you're up to next. Maybe you should try not to be such a smart arse and we wouldn't have to moderate you....

Now I won't enter into any further discussion on this here as it reflects badly on the club. Feel free to contact me via PM if you have anything you wish to say to me directly.

Brian.