The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insured under 25, who do you sleep with??

Getrag

Originally posted by Paul Laing

I'm 22 and pay £610 fully comp with Elephant for my UK 6, i paid £650 when i first bought my car when i was 21 but it's came down a bit.

I used to pay £2,200 for my Jap N/A when i was 20 through CIS!!

Paul

how did you manage that mate? you got some NCBs? i paid £1050 standard on mine with elephant, mods put it up another £250. ive only got 1 years NCB though

Originally posted by Getrag

Dad thinks im off my fcuking head paying over £500 for any insurance lol. Trying to explain its, "just the way it is with sports car." lol :innocent:

Unfortunately it sounds like he's out of touch. It's not easy to insure ANY car for less than £500 when you're under 25. Not unless you lie.

Elephant phoned me today to ask if I was still interested in the quote I got online last week.

I got them to clarify the price (£900) was for an import twin turbo RZ supra with mods (bodykit, alloys, exhaust, tints, filters) - and they said it was and would I like to take out the policy.

Random insurance quotes strike again!

Just ran through elephant and admiral selecting car as supra twin turbo (imp).

Elephant - 1510

Admiral - 1490.

I'm 23, 0 NCB, and 3 points for speeding.

Oh and i declared rims and exhaust.

Make sure you add your mum/wife/sister (anyone female!!!) as a second driver, brings premium down by a couple of hundred.

Also, saying you drive another car on a regular occasion also helps as it means your spending less time on the road in your supe speeding! :devil:

Originally posted by toyotasuprauk

If you look at the small print on these two sites mentioned Supra_Nish it says you cant get a quote for imports on line and need to call them. If you do that it may be a different story?

I know what your saying mate, usually trying to do an online quote on an import refers you to their phone number.

Got no idea why its working, but i know i'll be saving those quotes as their valid till feb. As long as the paper work has the words import on it i'm happy.

If i was you guys i'd prob log on and get a quote out the system, mull it over later as their valid for a while.

Never know when it will stop working again!