The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controller Advice

DODGYDODDS

TBH Cameron it all sounds a little strange. If you have hybrids then you don't need a restrictor ring. Again, what is your base boost with your boost controller switched off? If your boost goes silly high like this then your boost controller is never going to help the situation.

You've said you've fitted Sard 550cc injectors, then you mention an FCON V ECU you bought from someone that cannot be mapped / has not been mapped and you don't know for what spec it has been mapped for. If that's the case your car should run like a bag of shit.

There's some fundamental holes in what you're saying so I can see why Homer is getting frustrated...

Cheers,

Brian.

Does no one read what i say, i never said i bought the ecu, it was in there when i got the car.

i have a restrictor ring in my exhaust.

and my car does run like a bag of crap mate, i'll be calling homer today, and goin through it with him, as it is lengthy and complicated to post, i replaced the valve on my bc, which tbh i dont thik was at fault, but got one cheap, so not to bad there, there was also a part on the turbo system blanked, i took the blanking rubber off it, fed a vacuum feed off the top of my sequential system [ basically put a t piece in and feed a silicon hose into it, as on investigation my controller was not recieving any pressure, hence no controll] what i dont understand though is it ran for months like that, till i decided to play with the settings, then it all went a little pair shaped, it's alot to type to go into great detail, what the blanked part was escapes me, [ homer should tell me] since i have hooked a vacum up to this part, controller works no probs, well not as bad [ this was on advice of my local so called expert mind, as i didnt have a clue, so if it is wrong dont be harsh with me lol] it ran for months ok, with the part blanked, only when i messed with the settings and reset the unit it went pair shaped, to me a total mystery.

rough description, one on each end of the turbo system, one for each turbo, gold, bronze in colour, with an inlet and outlet i think, looks a little like a spinning top, or drum shaped, [now i sound amature] i know it is not an actauator, but it looks like some sort of valve.

as i said, will post more detail up soon mate. but i just want to clarify, i did not put the ecu in there, it was in the car when i got it, and i do have the restrictor ring in the exhaust

Does no one read what i say, i never said i bought the ecu, it was in there when i got the car.

no one can do the fcon v, [ i wrote pro like a muppet] Not even abbey have the programme because of this i need to change it, i bought it of a gentleman in december, not sure where he got it mapped though

I'm confused too.

I'm confused too.

My bad wording jake, it should say i bought the ''CAR'' off the gentleman in december with the ecu already installed,:) and had no idea where he got it mapped [ ''IT'' was reffering to the car mate, not the ecu sorry]

not i bought it in december [ecu]:blink:

i understand now why you think i bought the ecu, sorry lads:)