The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bradford garage - any decent ones that look after Supras?

Guest yoshi_v300

Guest yoshi_v300
I went to look at a Supra at this place. There was a van conveniently blocking the entrance of the showroom with a "flat battery" so I couldn't take the car out for a spin.

The Supra was rough, and not cheap. I'd definatly not go back there again. Very unhelpful lot.

Yeah his stuff is over priced...I reckoned the Aristo V300 I was trying to buy was £1500 over priced. But he had some nice looking cars (on the surface they looked nice). I was dumbfounded by how stupid the guy was - he didn't know what any of the stuff in the car did...being an import guy it should be his business to know what is what. And he came out with some really crap lines like :

I said to him 'the SBC-ID is only showing 252ps on your 'test-drive'.

He replied 'that's good, it means it hasn't been run at high power'.

I replied 'no that's bad, it shows it might be down on power. It should run 350ps on low boost. I'll need to take it for a full-throttle blast to see if it's OK'

Again I told the seller, I was being cautious because of the age (10 years) of the car and the obvious thrashing it had had (300km dials, HKS F-Con, FMIC). He told me 'the twin turbos last forever'. Hahhahahahaa.

There is an outside chance it may be available as I suspect the person who put down the deposit is very impulsive in their buying.

Gareth - cheers for the comments. I really wanted to buy your old car but that DICK Michel Lane pulled out after agreeing a price/to fix the misfire. I was all set to hop a train and pick it up, presuming the misifre was OK.

I have to date, tried to buy 3 cars in the UK and all have fallen thru, usually when I check them out/try to check them in further detail.

Now looking at import direct from Japan......

Guest yoshi_v300
it was about your attitude towards the sale.....

My attitude was this - give me a working car, I'll give you the cash.

Your attitude was - agree to sell the car (working) for a set price, then pull out on the deal.

Pretty cut and dry if your ask me.:rolleyes:

Should I put a complaint in the 'disputes' section of this forum? :p

Guest yoshi_v300
no wonder you had missed the 3 cars that you were after ....perhaps there is a trend here ???... never mind, time to move on . just buy a NA and move all the parts over , if you still got your crashed aristo ....

Yes the trend is all Aristos are broken/stolen recovered/clocked or hiding something that an RAC check may find.

It is too much trouble to transplant to an NA.

I may have found another but it's in desperate need of a respray.