The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active Front Spoiler Warning light

livvy

I have never had an active front spoiler as my Supe had a body kit when I bought it.  I have just got my car back from the body shop after having a different nose cone fitted (wife didn't like the one on the car!) and I now have the active spoiler warning lights on (ie, main warning triangle and flashing spoiler light).

I have tried taking out the fuse for the spoiler control system - no 18 and resetting the ECU but the lights are still on. Can anyone help please?

See if there it has an active spoiler ECU, if it has maybe there is a chance the wiring loom has been plugged into it?

Reason I suggest this is because the same thing happened to me when I had my active spoiler removed. I was doing some work that required taking the dash off and I accidently wired up the defunct spoiler ECU and got the warning triangle and flashing light.

I also had this problem when I removed my active spoiler because of the FMIC. If I remember correctly it also stayed on after I had removed the spoiler ECU, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway I solved the problem by putting a resistor in two of the pins of the plug that is at the front bumper. Don't ask me which pins but with a little experimenting you should be able to find out. Basically you are fooling the car into thinking the spoiler is still there.

Flavio

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid14/p142c9363fa12dc3dab98011a9003dc88/fde38afb.jpg

The active spoiler has two contact switches inside the motor assembly to detect down and up. When bumpers are replaced or FMIC's fitted they often remove the entire active spoiler assembly and this fault occurs. The cure is to short two pins out on the motor connector plug.

It may be that the active spoiler motor unit was still plugged in before and hidden out of the way but having the NEW bumper fitted the bodyshop removed the motor unit altogether and hence unplugged it. Thus causing the symptoms.

See my personal Supra pages under active spoiler and find the diagram for the motor assembly plug. You need to short pins 3 and 4 together of the 5pin connector to fool the ECU into thinking it's parked UP all the time. Just engage the AUTO-OFF button on the dash to stop the ECU from trying to lower it at 60MPH.

http://www.trlperformance.com/supra

Pete

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...