The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PROBLEM WITH RACING HART CR's

Green Peace

Si I saw your wheels the other day and they are looking a bit of a state mate, and I feel for you, but you really shouldnt be letting car washers with strong products like TFR (traffic film remover) clean them.

I now feel bad for Simon saying this, but my CR's arrived today, and I feel I have to say a thanks to Gaz and Kevin even after our little dispute a few months back, since then Gaz has admitted the errors that were causing problems, and since then both have been only to pleased to help, in fact having a good 10min phone converstation with Kevin about their new office/workshop the other day, even though this sale has nothing to do with Envy, but Gaz.

I havent seen the wheels myself yet in the flesh but I cant wait to get home.

So this brings me to my next point, how do I keep my rather spanky looking CR's looking as good the day they arrived. Just hot soapy water, with a little something after to protect, please inform me before I make the same mistakes........

EDITED: Forgot to say, Si did you ever follow up on Pauls suggestion of getting his mate to sort them, maybe another avenue,..........

I never ever let anyone wash my car other than me. I am very meticulous when I have the time to do it. After seeing my mates car after his dealer gave it a complimentary wash and valet when they serviced it I would never trust my car to anyone. (they jet washed the arches out and tore huge strips of paint off his front bumper, not content with nadging one side they went and did the other as well)

Hi Ash, pleased the wheels arrived safe and sound. :thumbs:

When it comes to washing my wheels I have a dedicated seperate sponge for the job.

I jet wash the wheels to remove the "thick off". I then fill the bucket with a capfull off shampoo (Normaly Mequires or Autoglym) and fill with hot water.

I then clean the wheels with the sponge, after every few strokes I dip the sponge into the bucket to stop dragging grit across the wheel. I then jet them off again and leave to dry for a while. Once they have dried a little I use a Chamois leather to dry them down and finish off with kitchen paper to dry them off 100%. I do this process about once a week.

Thanks

Kevin

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

So this brings me to my next point, how do I keep my rather spanky looking CR's looking as good the day they arrived. Just hot soapy water, with a little something after to protect, please inform me before I make the same mistakes........

:

Well it could read "Don't buy Polished/Chromed wheels if you haven't got the time, patience, or ability to look after them."

Well TBH if you don't clean or look after any type of Alloy Wheel regardless of the finish, it will reduce the life span of the wheel.

Kevin

Originally posted by dangerous brain

So basically what the thread title should say is "don't buy racing hart cr's if you haven't got the time, patience, or ability to look after them then"??

Ah missed all this....

I think Kevin and Gaz are missing the point.

When I bought these wheels I had brake pads that gave off masses of resedue, which despite my efforts ate into the chrome...very quickly, I then used various products that were soap based...but they weren't strong enough, I then (my mistake) let a valater try get rid of the dust...anyway after several attempts and 3 months they looked shite.

Ok they got kerbed as well (i kerbed one of the wheels myself recently in roadworks in the South Of France)...they are also peeling on the edges.

BUT the point is I CANT GET THEM REPAIRED.....everyone will kerb or scratch their alloys at somepoint, the issue is that people should bare this in mind before they buy them ......thats all I'm saying here and also fishing to see if their is prehaps other ways to sort this problem out ...already someone has suggested silver finish etc

EDITED TO Add: Dont buy these wheels if you dont want to clean them as often as your teeth...any brake resedue eats into the chrome finish very quickly so ideally you need to clean them after every journey seriously. and as yet no Cure for when you kurb them...

:(

P.S Thread title changed as requested

Hi Si,

Even the race spec pads haven't eaten into some customers wheels after a year though?

Anyway as long as your see our point Si thats fine :thumbs:

The only problem I have is the blame put on this one make of wheel - all aftermarket wheels made in the same way need to be looked after more than OEM wheels will.

Did you get the PM sent to you about the refinishing company?

Best Regards,

Gaz.

Thanks Gaz.

I agree with the fact that i am very lazy at cleaning wheels and I only have myself to blame in that respect...I will solder on and contact the people that you have suggested....Ive obviously been asking the wrong companies and barking up the wrong tree.

They are great wheels I really dont want to replace them....but they are looking in a sorry state...I can only blame myself for that...but need to get them repaired and looking like new again.

Thanks for giving me a glimmer of hope and showing concern....as you say most people are v happy with them and I know this to be true.

I had given up the ghost...but I'll try the people you have suggested.

Thanks Gaz and Kev

Si