The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Circuit racing pics

Guest markus

haha alright guys, In the last lap on the track I drove on the curb..where it ended in a huge hole in the ground. I hit it quite hard at about 100 mph, didn't sound that good but everything seemed ok, I went into the pits and decided to leave and go visit The Supra Doctor who lives close to the track. Always fun to hang around him. On the way there the tyre started making a weird sound so I decided to pull over. The tye was basically FLAT! Since I don't drive around with a spare tyre The Supra Doctor was called: "Houston, we have a problem" About 15 minutes later he came with tools and a mk4 spare tyre. Thanks arnout! After pulling off the rim it was obvious is was dented. Which made the tyre flat. It sucked but I guess that's the price to pay to drive with such rims on the track..I'm having the rim fixed now, it's gonna cost me about 60 euros, not too bad but next time I'm thinking stock rims with slicks :)

Guest Fastfranciscus

Don't use slicks Mark slicks only perform if they are warmed up properly that will take a few laps if you ever get them at operating temperature +90 Celsius, further slicks need a clean track if you don't drive on the racing line on the track or if you drive the wrong lines the grip is almost zero, I recommend the Michelin cup tire or the Pirelli cup tire with some thread.

Frankie.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+Cup&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=13YR8SPORTCUP&fromCompare1=yes