The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hmmmmm, wot model do i have?

d00gzy

never been rallyed (recently) either, the guy was 62 that sold me it, and b4 him was his boss's car, also in his 60's. Still cant believe they half wits at DVLA. Will this affect my insurance in anyway, had to pay £1700 up front for the year so its not like monthly payments will change. Is it worth goin to the DVLA about this or when a sell it in about 5years time pass it off as an R reg lol, any suggestions?

£3600 isnt a bad price if the cars in good nick which it sounds like it is. You wouldn't get a good nick 98 for that cash really. The folding mirrors were a factory option. To be honest I prefer heated over folding. Does the V5 have 98 as both the first date of registration and the date of manufacture?

If you do go to sell it on as an R reg car have the sense not to do it here as you'll get lynched lol

£3600 is too much to pay for an auto SZ, especially one that has suspiciously had the front bumper changed (crashed?).

The previous owner almost certainly knew the car wasn't really a 98 model as it would have been worth a fair bit more than 3600 but getting that much for the bottom of the range auto SZ of a 94 vintage is good business (for the seller).

I was only joking, this is my first supra and a love it. Dont plan on selling it for a very long time! Not recieved my V5 yet as only bought it fortnight ago.

Is there much difference between the standard bumper and the uk one? a hate those daft washers!

See your point in having the heated mirrors as a cant see for 5 mins after high pressure washing the car. All my mates love the folding mirrors tho!

Few wee problems with car but will post in relevant part of forum.

maybe true jake, but am happy with car, been well looked after, plenty of service history and garage stamps, original mats in near perfect condition. plus if it wasnt for me needing a car that few days then a wouldnt have been so hasty. Learnt my lesson!