The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jap built or uk built????

slowboy

Originally posted by dude

Either way Gaz untill you build a 10 sec car i dont think your opinion counts for too much !!!:D Dude:flame Dev

Oh, F*cking hell, here we go again :D

I was thinking about buying some fireworks, won't bother though with Dude around.

Just light the blue touch paper and stand well back :D ;)

Paul

thanks to all for your replies i think that after all the work done on the car its got to be british built,also to set the record straight the car spec published by gaz and dude was basicaly correct barring there was no t51kai no os giken clutch no stroker kit on the car the first thing we did was to take the car to thor to check the bhp which was 790 bhp then to santo pod where it ran 11 sec runs.which only goes to show dont belive everything a car dealer tells you even if he is an aussie working in japan. who has the fastest car depends which way you look at it i would have thought that the lowest recorded time was the fastest .however we are looking forward to next year when we will do our talking on the track then there will be no differances of opinion. also looking forward to an import drag championship on a properly preped track.this is the only way supras wil be able to race the skylines on a level playing field thanks again for a lively debate roll on 2005 alex

Originally posted by slowboy

thanks to all for your replies i think that after all the work done on the car its got to be british built,also to set the record straight the car spec published by gaz and dude was basicaly correct barring there was no t51kai no os giken clutch no stroker kit on the car the first thing we did was to take the car to thor to check the bhp which was 790 bhp then to santo pod where it ran 11 sec runs.which only goes to show dont belive everything a car dealer tells you even if he is an aussie working in japan. who has the fastest car depends which way you look at it i would have thought that the lowest recorded time was the fastest .however we are looking forward to next year when we will do our talking on the track then there will be no differances of opinion. also looking forward to an import drag championship on a properly preped track.this is the only way supras wil be able to race the skylines on a level playing field thanks again for a lively debate roll on 2005 alex

I take it your entering the Pro Drag shootout Del ????, it should be good , it'll be nice if we can stop the Skylines walking away with it this year , but its a long way to come for you guys , hopefully there will be a few rounds at York but thats still prob only half way for you guys .

BTW dont take any notice of my sig it was put there to wind up someone !!!

Good luck getting the car ready , ive started now and hopefully it will be sorted for the first event .

Dude:flame Dev

yeah we will enter our supra and poss our skyline r32 hope there is not too many rounds as the traveling can be a bit time consuming we hope to run the supra early march, when we ran at santa pod the last time we did 9.95 with 950 bhp. at totb we had a lot more plus nos which we could not use due to overheating idealy the car was capable for a 9.7 run with our new holinger box it should save another .4 poss a 9.3 run but this is only poss on a preped track where a supra can get traction and stand a chance against a 4wd skyline and i believe take them. realy looking forward to the race series as it will take import drag racing in the uk to a new level.

Originally posted by slowboy

yeah we will enter our supra and poss our skyline r32 hope there is not too many rounds as the traveling can be a bit time consuming we hope to run the supra early march, when we ran at santa pod the last time we did 9.95 with 950 bhp. at totb we had a lot more plus nos which we could not use due to overheating idealy the car was capable for a 9.7 run with our new holinger box it should save another .4 poss a 9.3 run but this is only poss on a preped track where a supra can get traction and stand a chance against a 4wd skyline and i believe take them. realy looking forward to the race series as it will take import drag racing in the uk to a new level.

Del there is a test and tune at the Pod end of march , the track is fully prepped and limited places so plenty of runs , im aiming to be there as well , there are some other dates ie 'track days' there that are invite only , again a prepped track , if your interested i may be able to get you on one of these .

Dude:flame Dev