The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fto forum...... rx7 v sup

black cat

Well I'm in the lucky position of having owned all 3.

the fto is a great handling car, lovely fun when the mivec kicks in and a nice rarity in the early days. But whether you like it or not.. you're just another hairdresser.

The RX7 was a lot more fun, but the 13 miles to the gallon and lack of spirit from the wankel engine (no roar just whoosh) wasn't a good point. To me I was always concerned that peeps found the car to be a bit gay... though in a shover rather than a bender kinda way.

The Supe was always the car I wanted though and always hoped that one day.. just one day.

I think it's a bit rich even making the comaprison between a rex and a supe.. they should be comparing us to the astons and jags in terms of likeness... and still the supe comes out on top because of the type of people who generally drive them.

And then there are the BMW drivers of course..... no generalisation here... every single one of them a gland shaker ;)

Did the Supe not have a bomex front end! Which is pig ugly

oi dont dis the Bomex;), seriously i test drove an FTO ( i know the shame:cry:) and compared to my bog stock S14 thought it was a big let down, really really glad i never bought it as i was under pressure from the missus

front 108.jpg

Did the Supe not have a bomex front end! Which is pig ugly and a dodgy superman logo!!!

They chose to drive an FTO anyway like I would value their opinion!:search:

I kind of like the Bomex

every ones taste is different, I was looking at the rex before I chose the SUP, This was a lot to do with the rotary engine but now I would not look anywhere else.

Gotta say, the FTO borrows it's looks heavily from the Supra, and just looks like a mini-me™ version as a result - so they're inversely slagging off their own cars :blink:

Some of them have got some pretty strong opinions about the Supra being an ugly car! I also disagree that the Supra looks more dated than the Rex. Pop-up headlights instantly make the Rex look like an older car.

when both my supra and the misses FTO were parked on the front drive, i often got young kids asking me which car was faster. - as they do.

So for an innocent, unbiased mind they may both appear to be of same performance ?

Please note i educated the kids so they never ask such ludicrous questions again about the supra...;)