The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which is the best exhaust?

Hy-Performance

Originally posted by fredm

Hi boys and girls, only had a Soop for a fortnight but thoughts are turning to replacing the exhaust system. Especially as I have been told that a complete de-cat with a less restrictive back box can release up to 25bhp on a standard motor.

Thing is, while it would be nice to have a fruitier sound while whizzing through the welsh countryside it would really anoy me to have to listen to a droning exhaust while travelling along the motorway.

Does a system exist which is quiet at a constant 70mph but then comes alive when the boost comes on?

Close the windows.

I'm amazed at how good the soundproofing is on mine, love the sound but close the windows and it becomes like a 'normal' car!!

another vote for the Nur spec. Only have a problem with grounding on those speed bumps that are like a blob in the road that you can get your wheels either side of, so now i don't.

As for the noise level's both the Nur and SRS come with baffles that go in the end which shuts them up for long motorway trips.

Never heard them side by side but on the cruise down to the Bolney meet this year somone was reving the RSR and set the MR2's alarm next to him off:D

N/A are louder as the turbos act as a baffle and take away some of the noise.