The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Karting Day @ Swindon

Clarkey

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to add .. just a quick run down for money tracking purposes.

Here's what ppl have Paid:

Rich+1 £11.54

Paul £5.55

Colin+1 £11.1

Marco £6

Christian £17.81

= Deposit £52

Here is what everyone owes

Rich £24.46

Paul £12.45

Colin £24.9

Marco £12

Christian 0.19p

= £74

Deposit + Money owed = £126

Thanks Colin ... I'll give Winners a bell tomorrow - Not sure if they're open on Sunday - ... but if not I shall give them a call Monday.

And get them to add Daniel to our list of wacky racers.

~Edit~

We now have 8 confirmed people attending. The maximum people Winners will put on a track at one time is 8. If anybody else wishes to attend .. this only mean that the group shall be split into 2.

I don't have the time - to re-organise the booking etc because of work commitments. So for people wishing to attend that are not on the confirmed list - please contact Winners direct.

Cheers Rich.

The remaining balance can either be paid to Winners direct - on the day ... or you can paypal me.

Choice is yours.

~Edit~

1. Clarkey_Sparkey .............. (PAID in Full )

2. Attillauk + 1 ..... ................ (PAID in Full )

3. Paul_y3K .......................... (PAID in Full )

4. CJ + 2 ............................... (PAID in Full )

5. Suprababe ???

6. MfS ................................... (Deposit PAID)

7. Paul E ???

9. Nick@TC ???

• 2 weeks later...

How do chaps ...

Just a reminder that this Karting meet is this Saturday @ Midday. Please arrive no later than 11.30am.

1. Clarkey_Sparkey

2. Attillauk + 1

3. Paul_y3K

4. CJ + 2

6. Mfs

See you Saturday Morning.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers!

Christian.

Just got back and wanted to post a big thank you to Clarkey for organising the day.

Great to meet up with some old and new faces and me and my 2 sons had great fun and would be definitely up for that should there be another day organised.

I do have 2 criticisms;

1. There should definitely be a handicap system with sandbags attached to the lighter members karts - I was sick and tired of coming out of th bend and trundling along until I got up to speed :(

2. We should vet everyone from the other parties to ensure there are no "fleece thiefs" :D

The fleece incident was very funny! She had no shame.. how long was it in your family, 20 years?! :D

It was lots of fun, nobody could keep up with Clarkey. I owned CJ big time. We had a good little scrap going on for about 2 laps. Then I showed him who was boss, I heard him going 'NOOOOOOOOOOO' :p

Nice to meet Attila uk and Paul who nearly stacked his company car on the way there, not much damage I think...

Have to do it again some day

:thumbs:

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves! :)

After each 10 minute session, was bit tired! I hope everyone got back home ok ... and remembered they weren't in a kart on the way home! :)

Excellent track! Great meeting up with you guys. Def organse another event.

Enjoyed the race Rich & I had on the last stint .. great stuff.

Was talking to the marshal & they have pro-karts too ... which are about 8-10bhp :) Was told on a good lap ... average speed of 38mph is possible!

Colin - I'll have to try that technque of pulling a lady! V.Funny!

Cheers,

Christian.

Guys many thanks for a great time.

Really enjoyed myself, even tho i had a bit of an off in the 406 on the way ...

Was noice to meet some new faces and the karting was excellent. whose up for a endurace race lol.

ohh speaking of the 406 .. anyone know how much a new seat is going to cost. I've not had too much of a bolloking but I've got to pay for all the repairs :(

cheers

Paul

Ouch Paul. Sorry to hear that.

Glad everyone enjoyed the Karting. I'd up for organising another event, perhaps those Pro-Karts ;)

Apparently, there is no price difference to what we paid ... but there is a age restriction. I'll need to find that out for next time.

Endurance races are great ... problem is tho - those kind of events require alot of people. 6-8 karts ... Off the top of my head maybe £150 cost per kart/team

Grand Prix's are probably easier ... as they are about 8-12 people and about £25 quid I think.