The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1k on upgrade, what would you buy?

Foz

the thing is i wouldnt know what i was looking at anyhow or if things were wrong! Maybe i should stick with the cosmetic enhancements, again i need to get rid of the stock wheels first!

cheers Gaz, im in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, the place with the bent spire! lol

You could come to me (2/3 hour drive) or Chris Wilson is in Shropshire (couple of hours also?)

Oh crap. Did I buy the wrong plugs off you Gaz? (IK22s)!

James

Hi James,

IK22's will be fine also, which de-cats do you have?

Gaz.

Hi James,

IK22's will be fine also, which de-cats do you have?

I have a custom SS exhaust straight from the 1st cat to the back of the car - no muffler.

I am most likely getting a CW 1st decat and then depending on how loud the car is, ditching the SS exhaust and getting one with a silencer :( :(

I have a custom SS exhaust straight from the 1st cat to the back of the car - no muffler.

I am most likely getting a CW 1st decat and then depending on how loud the car is, ditching the SS exhaust and getting one with a silencer :( :(

No that will be fine then, the IK22's are fine for BPU also - with only one de-cat thats what I'd go with.

Regards,

Gaz.

Just getting rid of both cats, and an aftermarket exhaust (with a restrictor ring set to allow about a bar) should see a reasonable improvement for you until you can afford the rest of the bits to go full BPU and run at 1.2 bar. You'd see a noticable improvement in the spool aswell without the cats in. As Gaz said, going to him or Chris Wilson would be good for where you are in the country :)

If you don't want to go full BPU just rip out the cats, fit the FCD, change the plugs and be happy with 0.85bar- basicaly everything but the Walbro & exhaust (the latter making up the bulk of the bpyu cost). It costs you about 40bhp than going the whole hog, but you can always get the exhaust, pump and boost gauge at a later date.

Thanks Gaz for the help i appreciate it, i maybe sill come and see either you or Chris when im ready to do this, i do need some help with this, i dont mind getting my hands dirty and doing any work i just like to be sure that what im doing isnt going to damage the car in any way. So when ive got 1k then ill get in touch yeah? Is that ok with you?

Need some wheels first to replace the stock ones, i need to get two back tyres in the next month or so so was looking to put that money towards new wheels n tyres, anyone recommend anything not too expensive?

Thanks again all for your help on this!

Foz.

Thanks Gaz for the help i appreciate it, i maybe sill come and see either you or Chris when im ready to do this, i do need some help with this, i dont mind getting my hands dirty and doing any work i just like to be sure that what im doing isnt going to damage the car in any way. So when ive got 1k then ill get in touch yeah? Is that ok with you?

Need some wheels first to replace the stock ones, i need to get two back tyres in the next month or so so was looking to put that money towards new wheels n tyres, anyone recommend anything not too expensive?

Thanks again all for your help on this!

Foz.

No problem :)

New wheels and tyres are a minimum of £1k for PROPER sized wheels and half decent tyres, unless you go second hand. You want a minimum of 8.5" front and 9.5" rear.

Regards,

Gaz.