The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi From A frustrated Celica owner

Guest BigG

Any other Mk1 MR2/Celica/Supra peeps then?:D :d :D

Meeee, well rev 4 MR2 T bar to NA aerotop and that felt well fast but left me longing for a gear stick and tubbies. Lots of twisties up here. Auto is very nice but my preference is a manual.

Good luck with the hunt.:)

I've not driven the most recent Celica either - had a go in a mates st202 (wasn't particularly impressed :() and had an st185 (loved it :)) for over a year before a boost controller interface incident occurred (I couldn't stop myself from turning the bloody thing up a notch every couple of months!!).

seems to be a definate progression, ease yourself in with a (relatively) well powered celica/mr2 or equivalent then migrate to the proper beast when funds/circumstances allow. Oooh can't wait need to get one now...

• 1 month later...

hi big g i myself had the hankerin sold my gt4 an bought a j spec n/a best move ive done . now you need a couple of big lads to get me out of mine! A N/A IS PLENTY FAST but i wish i would have stuckout for a t turbo

I think it will probably come down to price when i'm ready to buy, wife permitting...

Well whilst you are waiting why don't you sample the wares that 1jz and 2JZ has to offer. I assume by the fact you have a celica and are lusting after a mk4 supra you have no compulsory back seat requirements. So why not have a good look at a couple of soarers or MK3 1JZ-GTE supras? You will find some seriously nice looking examples of both these cars for very very reasonable money. Also if you don't mind a bit of grandad appeal the aristo has the same engine in it as the mk4 supra but for significantly less money. You can also find on personal import huge powered single turbo'd aristo's/soarers/mk3 supras for a lot less than the equivalent mk4 supra. To be fair though if its the mk4 look you are after (and who could blame you) then a sorted looking NA is probably exactly what your doctor ordered