The mkiv Supra Owners Club

York Dragway - Bank Holiday Sunday / Monday

michael

Yes it was us, Adam driving. The track was very slippy he could not get the power down in 1st and 2nd. The best we could do was 12.8 @ 125 mph. We fitted some second hand potenza

SO2s to the rear they did not have anything like the grip of the SO2As that we run on the road. On the road we can usually put the power down in second. Nevertheless we do need to do a lot of work on low speed traction control.

We now have spare set of 18 x 10.5 rims so we can try some more grippy tyre options.

Yes it was us, Adam driving. The track was very slippy he could not get the power down in 1st and 2nd. The best we could do was 12.8 @ 125 mph. We fitted some second hand potenza

SO2s to the rear they did not have anything like the grip of the SO2As that we run on the road. On the road we can usually put the power down in second. Nevertheless we do need to do a lot of work on low speed traction control.

We now have spare set of 18 x 10.5 rims so we can try some more grippy tyre options.

with all that power you really need some Mickey Thomson ET streets.Or at the minimum some BFG drag radials

Thanks rich, we are looking at tyre options now. We want the tyres that will give the best results at Elvington. The MR2 turbos were running Toyo R888s and went very well 11.2 I think very good considering the surface condition.

We dont have any traction control so looking at using AEM program or Race Lodgic system.

Thanks rich, we are looking at tyre options now. We want the tyres that will give the best results at Elvington. The MR2 turbos were running Toyo R888s and went very well 11.2 I think very good considering the surface condition.

We dont have any traction control so looking at using AEM program or Race Lodgic system.

the black MR2 "JET500" plate was running ET streets and usually does low 11s .I would go for them to be honest,you could definately lay the power down and I would think tens should be quite easy for a car with your spec.