The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How far have you taken your supra?

JohnK

Suppose it must be Amsterdam but it didn't seem very far as I was living in Breda at the time!

I was in Stockholm for a few months last year, I was desperate to bring it over but by the time I managed to sort out a parking space winter was starting to close in and my contract came to an end :( There's some very nice roads over there... :thumbs:

The GF has cobbled together some HTML and some pics here:

website

Got a 6 hour drive back to malmo tomorrow then up early to get back to the ferry in Germany on Sat.

Lost count of how many times ive been lasered going into roadworks here and on the way, seems like they have them in the roadwork signs.

Originally posted by hogmaw

One good thing about the US is that you don't collect penalty points. So if you get a speeding fine, you pay it, then you're off and that's it.

Not sure that's correct - I asked a taxi driver this very question in Vegas a couple of weeks back and he said for the first penalty you can just pay it off but if you get another then you have to go back to driving school and your insurance goes up - and there IS a points system.

It also depends on the speed and circumstances it appears.

R

Originally posted by albundy68

no chance on the how far,

but i bet i can beat everyone for the sortest distance,

in the past 2 years my supras done a grand total of 80 miles from chelmsford to dudes garage in brighton!!!!

...and that was on the back of a truck!!!! :D

I didn't think Supragal's car had moved since the dawn of time:D

Originally posted by roboldham

Not sure that's correct - I asked a taxi driver this very question in Vegas a couple of weeks back and he said for the first penalty you can just pay it off but if you get another then you have to go back to driving school and your insurance goes up - and there IS a points system.

It also depends on the speed and circumstances it appears.

R

It might be different for different states?

I just remembered that some states with wide open spaces have NO speed limit eg Montana, Wyoming etc. Imagine those long, long empty roads surrounded by fields with big sky and no speed limit...