The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Much!

Stevie Boy

I am insured fully comp on my supe which makes me insured 3rd party on any other car i drive, can you not drive it on that?

As tbourner said, you can only drive OTHER PEOPLES cars using this rule. By law all cars must be fully insured in their own right by the owner. You cannot buy a second car and drive it on your other car's insurance.

I recently purchased my own house, outside the M25 in Essex, which has it's own adjoining garage where my Supra is now kept safetly locked away and hardly ever used.

All depends on post code mate. I used to have my car parked in a street which was well known to the police for car crime. In the space of 3 years I had my car done twice, one flat mate once and other flat mate 3 times. I moved to a nicer part of Bath with a garage and my insurance went up :blink: Having the car garaged often doesn't actually affect the insurance premium either.

All depends on post code mate. I used to have my car parked in a street which was well known to the police for car crime. In the space of 3 years I had my car done twice, one flat mate once and other flat mate 3 times. I moved to a nicer part of Bath with a garage and my insurance went up :blink: Having the car garaged often doesn't actually affect the insurance premium either.

It's looking that way mate, tho i have been getting some better quotes elsewhere but still nothing like i expected.

I got a quote for the Supra for limited mileage from a classic car insurer when i got my Fezza daily driver and he quoted something in the region of £600 and wanted me to cancel what i had left of current policy with SKY back in November but as i stood to loose a few quid, had gone to trouble of agreed value and i'd paid for Supe policy outright I decided to hang out rest of policy.

Fooked if i can remember who they were, was an ad in the back of a mates classic car mag also can't remember if i told him bout my mods which might be making all the difference.

Are you sure you are on a limited mileage policy with them?

They just didn't seem too interested in the relavance of having limited mileage, think i need to be a little more pushy with them. I'll shop around a bit first just to give myself a few options if they decide not to try and beat my quotes.