The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You won't believe this....

Matt B

Elephant are my only recourse for insurance when my car arrives, which is thoroughly depressing.

I've declared the following:

Full TRD kit (bumpers, sideskirts, arches, bonnet, rear wing)

Lowered (anything up to -50mm)

Aftermarket alloys (they dont care what, as they wont replace them anyway)

Aftermarket Induction

Aftermarket Exhaust

They loaded the premium by almost £700 from a "standard" J Spec TT, but at least it's legal. Ish.

They wont insure me if I keep the Blitz DV on the car, as apparently it "increases the BHP and performance of the car significantly" which prompted me to not even mention the SARD boost controller it's got on it.

So it looks like in a while i'll have a Blitz DV and SARD BC for sale, unless I manage miracolously to convince Elephant that the DV and the BC on standard boost setting doesnt affect the performance.

Annoyed about losing the controller, it's sweet, but i'm also irritated i'm going to lose my 'TSCHHHHH'. I guess you either love it or hate it.

As for Elephant not paying out for your mods, this also sucks, which is where its handy to have a mate that runs a body shop that will be 'sensitive' if it comes to rebuilding the soop.

Oh goody, so at the moment the linch mob consists of my dad, my brother, my male employees, my drinking mates, the guy that cuts my hair, several extended family members, 4 entire internet forums, all ringlead by my better half who I believe is professionally trained in causing me pain.

Not going to be much left of me is there? And thats before I get hold of me!!

For those reasons, and quite a few more besides I am praying that the worst never happens :conf:

Jay,

Leave the DV on their, I've never declared them, your oem part failed ;) and you replaced it with that and as it does nothing to the car then feck it. Besides, easy and quick enough to take off should you need to.

Elephant will not touch boost controllers with a bargepole, but neither will rather a lot of others. (TBH I'd leave that on their too ;))

Cheers

Neil

Originally posted by Jay

...but at least it's legal. Ish.

This bit was indicative of a similar thought pattern Neil, but thanks for confirming ;) Helps that I would always have it recovered to my mates bodyshop.

Think i'll be removing the BC though, I wasnt planning to go over standard boost yet anyway, and i'm not keen on the guage inside the car :limp:

In 3 years time when i'm supposedly old enough to drive a Supra, i'll look to do the engine stuff. For now i'll just be content to have BPU power in a lovely looking supe!