The mkiv Supra Owners Club

will these rims fit the supra?

Guest CoolsBlue

When you get the car, you may not like the alloys anymore + they will be cheaper to buy in time. Just put the money in a high interest account and spend it in your head. You may end up buying a better supra instead of buying one and modding it straight away.

P.S how are you planning on insuring it with mods, it will be touch enough (if you can) as std.

Just an idea for you............as this is what i did

17 - learning to drive, mums Mazda Demio! - oh the power!! Insurance group 2

17 - First car, Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 SRI. - easy to maintain, cheap to run, certainly quick enough at that age. Insurance group 6

18 - Toyota Celica 2.0 GT - Shape similar to the Supra, 30+mpg, certainly not slow for an 18 year olds car. Front wheel drive so no suprises, cheap to run/buy/maintain. Great looks. Insurance group 15

19 - Honda CRX Del Sol 1.6 SIR - Full Race suspension set up, nice exhaust, roll cage, removable roof. This thing went round corners like it was on rails! Great fun! Insurance group 16

21 - Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - I am a fairly sensible driver, but ive almost crashed the thing on a couple of occasions already! 21 was the first time insurance companies would even consider insuring me! Insurance group 19/20

Cars have always been a passion for me, and is still my main hobby at the moment. The Supra takes up a huge amount of cash, way way more than you think! £60 just to fill the thing up! and you can easily burn through that very quickly! And if your serious about looking after it properly, youll be spending so much money on the thing.

Im not saying dont get one, but you really need a lot of money to run of these things.

Nice little list there mate i with these guys on this one..

i had

17 2xSwift GTi

17 Starlet Turbo

17 Impreza sport (still have)

19 Supra NA (latest)

i have been driving 2 years and done a few track days and other things in my cars you do grow up fast from tearing around the streets at 17 to when ya almost 20 you get alot more respect for what you have control off basicly a lethal weapon if taken for granted. i am quite good behind the wheel and know basicly what im doing i aint no rally driver or drift king, i do remember when i first past my test and so glad i had my little swift had a few scary moments in it i know i would of proberly killed myself in the supra. its caught me out a few times this winter If you have a heavy foot like almost every 17yo lad and RWD you asking for trouble in my opinon

goodluck with it if you do get a supra on the road at 17 hope you dont hurt yourself its so easy to show off infront of all ya mates in there paxo's and corsa's

oh also getting in trouble with the law a few times makes you respect what you have aswell.

Ok, had a couple of minutes spare - and having checked round all the usual insurers, the best price I could get was £3669.49 a year with a £350 quid excess for insurance. To be honest, that actually seems quite cheap to me for a 17 year old with no experience!

Ok, had a couple of minutes spare - and having checked round all the usual insurers, the best price I could get was £3669.49 a year with a £350 quid excess for insurance. To be honest, that actually seems quite cheap to me for a 17 year old with no experience!

:blink: :blink: wonder how much you acturly pay if you do it over 12months proberly over 4k :blink:

M8 I kno it sounds as if all the old folks on here are gettin at ya but honestly a sup aint a first car whether it a non turbo or twin turbo, you dont need to wait til your 25 but at least get a bit of experience on the road, in your first couple of months your still going to be learning about anticipation other drivers behaviour never mind trying to handle the best at speed,

Its my2nd car and I got mine at 19, but I had a few scares in my civic and the supra will catch you out no doubts about it!

Not to mention its cost me a bloomin fortune and I have barely modded it or driven it 7500miles in almost 2yrs...expect to spend a minimum of 500permonth!

Yeah I think the cost is the important factor here.

If you are in a genuine situation where you can afford to buy and maintain a supra then do so. Just be careful! Not trying to sound patronising, but you will probably crash it.

The only person I know who has not crashed a car is me! And i feel extremely lucky because of this.

Seriously out of about 20 mates, lads and girls i can think of out of the top of my head, all of them crashed their first car.

No exaduration....

As for buying mods before you even have the car, thats just stupid. And to be honest those wheels arent great.

Few aftermarket alloys are comparible to stock in terms of quality and the affect they have on the cars handling, and the ones that are cost mega bucks, and are not found on ebay or halfrauds.

If nearly £4000 a year to insure your car isnt an issue, then go ahead and get one.

To be honest, it may sound stupid, but i would try and get a UK spec TT, as it will be most likely cheaper than an import and certainly easier to insure.

Will still cost a bomb though.