The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much petrol left when fuel light comes on...

Newgendesign

IF your yellow light comes on, and you pull into SHELL SERVICE STATION, YARM, CLEVELAND, you can still get 70.4 litres into the tank. Now that's what I call service.

Once again that's SHELL SERVICE STATION, YARM, CLEVELAND, putting a pint into a half-pint pot since 1973.

Another reason for not letting it get that low is to prevent sucking all that tank sediment and clogging up your filters.

there shouldn't actually BE any tank sediment in the tank as i believe the Supra's tank is plastic and therefore doesn't corrode at all.

IF your yellow light comes on, and you pull into SHELL SERVICE STATION, YARM, CLEVELAND, you can still get 70.4 litres into the tank. Now that's what I call service.

Once again that's SHELL SERVICE STATION, YARM, CLEVELAND, putting a pint into a half-pint pot since 1973.

Classic - that's my local fill-up!!

It's amazing how much fuel you can get in when your local vpower station is 10 miles away.

here I was think I was just a natural at getting 80lt in a 70lt tank, turns out I've just been plain cheated:tongue:

If there was any sediment or other muck in the tank it would likely sink, so go through pump anyway, regardless of full or empty...

1/4 line as empty is no good to me.. only takes 2 1/2 days to get there. get a full 3 days return trip to work if go to the light

Also, that's what the filter's for anyway, why worry about sediment getting in? It's not like it'll EVER clog it to the point that not enough fuel can get through is it (well unless you pour sand in the filler). It's not an air filter!!

I never filled my Supe up fully I don't think, only ever put in £25 at a time, and waited for it to get at least below 1/4 line before going back. Mainly because it's a bloody heavy tank when full! :D