The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place for tyres on the net?

Oly

Likewise if i had a pound for everytime i un-recommended them!

Same issue as KaoriFan, i ordered the first lot for the mrs Mini and they took two weeks to arrive - excuse German warehouse.

Second time (yes i went back) tyres didn't arrive. After a week i asked questions, they admited they hadn't sent the order to the warehouse. Another week, more questions - guess what, in Germany, will be with me soon. 3rd week, "actually we haven't got any" want some Nexxus instead and quoted me a price. I checked that price against their website and the website was cheaper!!

Told them what they could do with the over priced lower quality tyres and their approach to customer service and ordered Falkens from Camskill. In the garage 2 days later. That's service.

m.

Likewise if i had a pound for everytime i un-recommended them!

Same issue as KaoriFan, i ordered the first lot for the mrs Mini and they took two weeks to arrive - excuse German warehouse.

Second time (yes i went back) tyres didn't arrive. After a week i asked questions, they admited they hadn't sent the order to the warehouse. Another week, more questions - guess what, in Germany, will be with me soon. 3rd week, "actually we haven't got any" want some Nexxus instead and quoted me a price. I checked that price against their website and the website was cheaper!!

Told them what they could do with the over priced lower quality tyres and their approach to customer service and ordered Falkens from Camskill. In the garage 2 days later. That's service.

m.

that is not on imo, how they can treat someone who is shelling out cash for a product they supply. I would rather someone be honest and say they have not got them, you are more likely to try again that way if they don't flannel you.

in my case, they sent these 17inch fronts and they arrived last friday, but how can they mistake 17 and 19inch, they do not look the same.

Jazz1 had nice F1s in my size and offered them to me, but it was too late to get hold of mytyres and get the others cancelled. didn't want to get stuck with more hassle getting refunds etc.

I use mytyres all the time and never have problems witrh them

I think people are missing the point tho if you need tyres so urgent then its yer own fault and you will just have to pay an inflated price to the local tyre place that has em in stock !!

I treat mytyres as somewhere for cheap tyres and use it for forward planning purchases of tyres so the tyres are always sitting waiting and ready for when i need em.

So be organised and order before you need em ;)

What make and size were they and how much ??

hi Ian,

Goodyear

Summer tyres EAGLE F1 GS-D3

235/35 R19 91Y XL runout

123.50GBP each

Goodyear

Summer tyres EAGLE F1 GS-D3

265/30 R19 93Y XL BSW, VSB

151.90GBP each

lol, i do have the tyres, but not the Supra. it is being delivered back monday, not today afterall. had Kenwood satnav and DVD system fitted, and got tyres done at same time, as front drivers was flat.

ja ne

Ian

I use mytyres all the time and never have problems witrh them

I think people are missing the point tho if you need tyres so urgent then its yer own fault and you will just have to pay an inflated price to the local tyre place that has em in stock !!

I treat mytyres as somewhere for cheap tyres and use it for forward planning purchases of tyres so the tyres are always sitting waiting and ready for when i need em.

So be organised and order before you need em ;)

i agree and i was not in a rush, as the car was having SatNav and DVD done i could wait the 7 days, but was promised for Monday this week, but no tyres for front till today.

the reason i needed them quick, i had my Carlton away being worked on and that night it was due to come back, the ECU failed at 5PM when they were going to put it on a trailer. my Supra had the flat earlier that day, and i needed sat nav done, and the Supra was going to be taken away when the Carlton arrived.

i was fully expecting the Carlton to be ok and come back when the Supra was taken away.

Quote from the website...

"The normal delivery time for an existing order is 5 to 7 working days. More than 90% of our orders are delivered witin a 7 working day period (please note that all delivery times are subject to stock availability ). You will be notified by e-mail if we do not have your tyres in stock along with a date when we expect to have stock again. You will receive notification of dispatch by e-mail. This e-mail will be your invoice and will also state the delivery date. "

They don't promise them in 7 days so there is no guarantee. They just state that they will try their best. I would allow at least a month for ordering tyres. If it was an emergency i would just need to take the hit.

Is the only gripe with mytyres the delivery time? They got it covered ;)

Scott =op