The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dilemma!

Guest Donster

Ignorance will never stand up in a court of law:(

Nor stupidity, if this is what the company have said follow it through so you get the correct cover.

I had the same problem, the quoted one type and then the policy said another. It transpired that they did'nt insure that model.

Told them to cancel, got full refund and moved elsewhere.

Originally posted by Faith Adopter

Should I claim ignorance and run the risk with elephant or continue with my current insurance company? Anybody else had a similar problem?

They said a similar thing to me once when I phoned up for a quote. I think it depends on who you talk to, some of them are complete muppets. Give A plan a try, at least they know what they're talking about.

I am currentley insured with elephant. They said they are all classed under Supra TT. I did say to him on the phone it is a RZ-S and he said it would be ok. Unfortunaley I had a accident 2 months ago and the car is being repaired at the moment. I have had no probelms with elephant at all so far claming touch wood :)

:( ......after a further conversation with elephant and now a supervisor they have clearly stipulated that they do not cover the RZ or GZ models (this has also been checked and double checked with their underwriters too) I was told by the supervisor that the base model (which allegedly was only made for a very short period of time, named a straight "Toyota Supra TT") is the only version they will cover, "even though it may only read this on your registration document", he "apologised for the incompetence/inaccuracies of some of their new staff" but continued by reiterating all of the above......

To double check the model of your beloved and to ascertain whether you are truly insured you can call Toyota's import department on (01737) 367931

Strange just looked at my policy and it does state the car as a Supra Twin Turbo (import) not a RZ-S. After the accident they sent out a assesors and the repairs got aproved. No question about model or anything. I have not a bad word to say for them yet (holds breath) :) although I have heard some horror stories.

Weird that they quoted me on an RZ when I was looking. I also used to use a well known supermarket chain for our insurance but they were so competetive because they were insuring us as a mk3 muppets. Norwich Union Direct came in best for us this year but they don't touch heavily modded cars. As far as a claim goes I think they will pay out no problems as who really knows exactly what model any given TT supe is apart from the obvious aero-top which is never specified anywhere on any insurance document even though they are more valuable than their hardtop equivalent.

To answer the original question even though that car is probably gone now, if its an old motor then the intercoolers have a tendency of rotting away with age so if that hasn't been changed then one of them might be required at some point.