The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota FT-HS / Supra - Pics

charlton

Me thinks your missing the boat here people. When the MKIV was concepted and then put into production the same opinion was past that ugly etc. Fact was it was about a decade ahead of everything else.

In ten years time you will like It :D

Thats a good point O R type one. But if you bought one next year, could you stomach owning a goddamn ugly car for the next 9 years ?:)

Despite its odd looks, I do like it and think maybe Ian is right as this thought did cross my mind last night while looking at it, it could be following in the footsteps of its predecessor in being ahead of its time...........

I think its more concept shape will automatically turn a lot more people off it due it not being a mainstream shape we are currently used to, but I suppose thats the idea of concept cars.....

whats the retail on that ??

I read in one paper that it would cost £18000 - which seems a bit too cheap for a 3.5 litre V6

Reported to Mods...offensive post:d

LMAO!!!

I'm ever so slightly reminded of the GT90 from Ford.

Now that IS ugly

also isnt it a convertable I thought I heard the roof and rear glass fold down

There is a hardtop and a convertible where the roof slides back - sounds quite nice - I guess the general view is nobody likes it :D

Me and me mate have been perusing for some time now.

The conclusion... The wheels are outrageous and totally designed to compliment the car.

We love it and it's going to look great in black coming into someones rear view mirror SUPRASTYLE. They'll think that the stealth bomber is flying a little low today!

Big thumbs up from all of us at http://www.mkvsuprawank.net

Pass the tissues...

I read in the January "Autocar" that its a 400BHP hybrid with a 292BHP 3.5 v6 (rear wheel drive) and an electric motor offering up a total of 400bhp.......0-60 in 4secs apparently.

They also have a small side article that has a pic of our beloved mkiv except they then screw it up and say that it's a MK3...

charming!!!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif