The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance....no its not another one of them!

Whitesupraboy2

Hijack continuing/

Right, on my third attempt I managed to navigate the DVLA maze/phone system and spoke to someone in the records dept.

A lot of use that was, they said their records didn't specify between MKIII and MKIV and that mine was down as 1993 Supra 3000cc.

I asked where the insurance companies were getting their database, she said 'the DVLA' How come mine is coming up as a MKIII then - 'I don't know'

I said I would send in my V5 with proof that mine is a 2997cc MKIV - they 'wouldn't promise anything'.

:twak:

i spent a week trying to get insurance on my n/a. I rang all the companies in banzai, maxpower, fastcar etc etc. I tried tescos and they said not till i was 25 as did most of the others. In the end i opted for Adrian Flux who did it for £1400 full comp thats 22 years old 5 years licence but the glitch in my plan was that my insurance dont run out on my other car for another month so i had to insure the supra with 0 ncb for the first 6 weeks which cost £275 :(

The bit i dont understand is that im with HIC on my other vehicle and the car is insured by a company called Highway - and HIC said they dont insure imports. yet ive insured the car with adrian flux who will insure imports and the car is insured with them through Highway. am i missing something or am i just thick ????

its all to do with various schemes the brokers are given, some are given the high performance risks and others are not allowed to do it

some brokers can underwrite their own policies as well, but generally with performance cars they have to get the ok from the underwriters

i just got my renewal form from tesco

£1158 for 21yr old now with 3yrs no claims

I have checked policy and it even says 1996 3l injection SZ on the end of it.

Should i still bother searching round???

i dont think im gonna beat that!!

People who would like to vent fustration feel free to PM me :D

With Tesco at mo (work for them so get discount) but did a quote online for elephant yesterday (see what this years is gonna cost)

TT 93 Jpsec Gz Auto

3 points

3 years no claims

£698.00

so think i'll be changing this year cost me £1100 with tesco

Got my insurance with Norwich Union Direct yesterday.

I have 0 years NCB (I lost NCB due to not having my own policy for three running years - during this time since I was a named driver).

£2500 (erk) for 10000 miles/year on a 1997 Supra.

Footman James are the only ones who come close with £1600 for a restricted 4500 miles/year.

Their (NUD) online quote system is pretty good, and I didnt have to declare ANY mods whatsoever.

So that puts me in a nice position should I want to get a single in the future... I hope.... :D