The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension - your views?

CJ

Ive just put trd roll bars on my car and its made a big differance, they have reduced the body roll by a lot more than i thought they would, the car does tramline a little bit more than before on bad roads but on good roads its great going into fast corners and swapping direction its a lot sharper than before, think the biggest downfall with stiffening a cars suspention inc roll bars is in the wet as your car will tend to just snap away without loads of warning when going a little quick

My car is still on the origanal shocks n springs.

Put the roll bars on first cj you could be very suprised with the results

Regards

Dunk

Originally posted by Syed Shah

The stock setup handles very well IMHO, though it is usually a bit tired

I agree, there is not much wrong with the Jap Bilsteins. They handle most of what the Welsh roads can throw at them, don't allow excessive bodyroll and are not too hard.

I'll get Chris Wilsons set-up eventually, but the Bilsteins are fine for now :)

Then, with all due respect, wait until your budget is bigger.

The stock setup is mighty fine, and simply can't be bettered for a few £££ on different springs. To out-do it takes money.

Also, I wonder how well the CW and JIC setup would compare to the suspension on a new Supra. I drove one with 500 miles, and the handling was excellent.

:)

Syed

I am unsure what you are reccomedning. Are you saying wait until my budget can afford the CW or Vortex offering or to use the stock system (which I am assuming is a much cheaper version than both previously mentioned)? :conf:

Originally posted by Chris Wilson

Totally agree, altering from stock is a compromise, I'd suggest forget lowering, go for stock springs and European Bilsteins.

Chris

By European Bilsteins, do you mean the yellow versions? I have tried looking on the net but cannot find a site that sells these :conf:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest D4KNS

Where di you buy your Koni's and Springs from mate?

What size wheels and tyres are you running?

Despirately need to sort out my suspension set-up!

Cheers,

John