The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra NA Super or normal!

dibbleyuk

Because it costs more :D

Panel filter all the way, unless you do what Blitz has done and create a shield around the filter if not then just a waste of money (no offence Blitz but still prefer the panel :) ).

Try having a search on it, loads of posts and all say the same thing :)

yeah think am gonna stick with the panel. Whats the best kind for the supra?

TT i understand doesn't like Induction kits, i would imagine that is due to more under bonnet heat ????

I've found my NA to run much better with a Induction kit on and cold Air feeds,

With my standard box the car is sluggish,

Just our of interest though.. It would be interesting if anyone has a NA that has fitted a hardpipe similar to mine and a Panel filter but still retaining the standard Air box and see if any noticeable differences ... The standard intake pipe needs junking as not great Airflow when you look inside with all the Resonator silencers etc,

Regarding improved low end driveability on mine i'm wondering because of greater Air flow the ECU compensates and puts in more Fuel ???? who knows...

If you stay with a Panel aviod the HKS green Pnel filter they disintigrate, worse filter than the green mushroom one they do for the kits, very poor filteration ( new filter on my shopping list after xmas) Sam @ Turbofit mentioned she's doing good prices on K&N Filters

Its certainly worth a look at and perhaps get it serviced new plugs etc etc, when set up properly the NA is not sluggish also do a ECU reset as it may have been used to pottering around in heavy traffic in Japan,

Remember the NA needs to be revved the magic 5500 rpm is when it comes on Cam, yet with my Air intake (by Turbofit) she wakes up at 3500rpm now and pulls in every gear ( I have a manual ) also if you have a induction kit make sure you have a cold air feed and heatsheild otherwise your just sucking warm air which reduces power

Why bother with all that, when the stock airbox does a better job at inducting cold air anyway?

Blitz Supra you always make me laugh with your 'down the pub' technical stuff that you use to try and desperately back up the nonsense you spout.

Keep it up son :)