The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soarer TT ??

Jim_1979

Ah the 1.5 JZ-GTE :) . Main reason for this mod is its easier to find a 2JZ shortblock than a 1JZ one these days. The engine now is so rare my MK3 was purchased specifically for the engine.

Actually, finding a 1jz block very cheap and easy these days what with the market being flooded with soarers. The idea behind the 1.5JZ is, you get the extra 500cc and the ability to find aftermarket bits for it. Tho only reason i can see for keeping the 1JZ head is if you already have a built version. My 1J head has HKS cams, ferrea valves, crower springs, p&p and valve job matched to larger plenum and single fanimold. Having done all this Im not going to get rid of it. So, the 2j bottom end is a cheap stroker for the 1j. ;)