The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Come On England

imi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need Harmison to start firing, believe you me, if he gets his act together, the aussies are going down.......BIGTIME.

Bring Monty......Giles cant bowl.... :(

What ever happened to Simon Jones - Guy looked like a proper nutter that scared the shit out of the aussies :D

I would have played Monty, he adds something different and the Aussies have never played against him whereas Giles is useless, problem is Duncan Fletcher and Freddie prefer Giles. Poor old Simon Jones has been injured since the last ashes series.

What king of injury....he was other than flint our best bowler (took 19 wickets and was a master @ reverse swing)

Same with Vaughan, much better leader and a superbly talented and ruthlessly flamboyant batsman - his average against the aussies is superb.

Desperately need some more class in the bowling dept....

But Giles hasen't played test cricket in a year and it shows, he was wacked about in the 1st test and the same will happen in this one. Monty took wickets on non turning wickets,he showed something different. Just hope we win this one and get it level.

Gilles has always been medeocre (spelling) as a bowler @ best. He is in the side purely cause he can bat a bit.

monty on the other hand is a far better bowler (recent performances) and really piercing with his flight, variation of pace and drift...

But like Boycott said - Monty should have been picked, however it wouldnt have made ANY difference to the outcome of the Test. The ball lies in the harmison court... :(

Anderson is rubbish too.....he is so wayward and has no real pace, I am surprised he is playing for the national side.

hmm....Monty is good, not sure about the other two. I dont think its the lack of talent, think its the lack of attitude, its the wrong mindset.

The bloody aussies never give up.....fight till the dying breadth.....like us LAST YEAR...Collingwood has the right attitude.

Anderson and Gils haven't played any first class cricket for a year, so naturally they shouldn't be included in the squad in my opinion. You can't get them to bowl at their best with just a few practise matches. Both Plunkett/Mahmood are tall and would put the pitches to better use than Anderson.

Just read this article on another cricket website.....OMG Indeed. They were batting for time and deliberately didnt make RUNS, left the tailenders exposed (nice thinking Fletch)....:rolleyes:

FFS guys - if you come out to the field thinking that you are going to lose, then surely its going to happen. The Aussies can sniff fear.......I love their never say die attitude.

FEEBLE ENGLAND RUIN ASHES SERIES