The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well its gone :(

mr keef

If its had a rebuild you'll have all the RX8 internals so no future probs if its serviced properly warm up / cool down

and don't forget to check the oil!! (check correct oil as RX8 uses different oil)

Alot of the relaibilty issues with Rexs is myth as anyone who owns one will tell you, your main problem will be mpg !!

My mate kirk has the bright orange one thats heavily mag featured (you took loads of pics at Boxhill meet of it) but that was early days for it, His Rex is a true stunner now !! 8 -12mpg is realistic mpg you'll get unfortunatley,

The RX7 is a iconic car though !!!

RX8 internals? are you sure?:search:

RX8 internals? are you sure?:search:

yep with the rotary, its one of the only engines you can fit new into old,

They Use RX8 rotors / seals etc and the old RX7 probs are gone, Modern technology,

Remember the RX8 is basically still the rx7 engine but with forced induction etc and renamed renisis,

Unfortunatley its untuneable as Mazda have basically extracted everything already, so 231 is the limit although j spec is supposed to be 250bhp

Forget the Turbos and Superchargers listed for RX8's in the US, its proven they blow up ..

The missus is on her 2nd RX8 fantastic car is an understatment

Thats strange as from searching on the web I havent seen that mentioned at all, and I'm rebuilding mine at the moment!lol I also thought rx8 engines had to be rebuilt anyway as they still have the same apex seal problem?(well wear and tear)

Thats strange as from searching on the web I havent seen that mentioned at all, and I'm rebuilding mine at the moment!lol I also thought rx8 engines had to be rebuilt anyway as they still have the same apex seal problem?(well wear and tear)

No seal probs recordered as yet on the RX8 and there are a few examples around already with 50k on them, but still to be proven i suppose, but apparantley mazda have learnt from the RX7 pitfalls,

The Renesis uses totally different seals and tips

Incidentley the RX8 has just won for 2nd year running the reliabilty and endurance award thingy, 24 hrs at a constant 136mph,

My mate had his RX7 done by Reworx and all RX8 internals fitted

The RX8 still uses oil as you know its designed to.... but uses 5/30 semi synthetic not 10/30 mineral as per the RX7 so not sure what you'd put in a rebuilt RX7 with RX8 internals

The RX8 seems to have some programme in it though, which all owners have noticed they come alive from 3000 miles, almost like Mazda have put some progrrame in the ECU, We noticed this on both RX8s we have had, also oil consumption is bad until you hit 3000mls ,

mpg is still crap though ... exactly as says on the tin 17 - 24mpg

If you are into Rexs you probably know Kirk&Sherry with the bright orange one with GSK Motorsport graphics (look out for it in future JP Mag feature) in the club scene,

That started life as £2500 red Auto off ebay,

Now a peach of a car Manual conversion / brand new rebuilt engine, its gets featured in almost every mag or photo'd ,

At every show the mags etc are fighting over it to get a feature,

Testiment to a lot of hard work though