The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra on Top Gear?

SupraKid

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice read that, my fav bit has to be

"Subjectively, the violence of the turbos' power delivery creates a sensation of speed even greater than in the Lamborghini. It is an adrenaline rush in the purest sense: exhilaration, wonder, amazement and a healthy dose of fear. And like a little child being tossed into the air by his father, you're left dizzy and giggling, your mind screaming, "Do it again!"

To complicate matters further I vividly recollect a Mk4 Supra review on Top Gear. I think it was after Clarkson had left and when the series was presented by .... Barlow (Irish guy with dodgy glasses) and aired on Thursday nights. It was in a regular feature review about buying bargain supercars and the reviewer (I think it was Andy Wilman) gave a it big thumbs up. This was when Jap specs were rare and a good UK example would set you back £20K - like last year.

It does!, Tiff Nedell reviews it:d

That is correct. The scene starts with the specs showing on the screen , BHP, 0-60, top speed etc, it then focuses on a shed in the middle of a wooded area and then, slowly a black Supra, (possibly destined for Paul Evans, with green neons), emerges from the shed... The review continues.

As for my copy, well, it's not in the living room, as I've checked. That means its in one of many boxes that I have piled up in my garage since my last house move...

If Fishman can't upload it, I will, as soon as I can be bothered to freeze my knackers off clearing out the garage...

Pics of garage to prove it's not a 5 minute job!

P1010001small.JPG

P1010002small.JPG

Right, ill be able to get the video onto a DVD through my panasonic DVD recorder. The only problem is when its on the disk, and i put it into my PC it doesn't recognise anything on the disk:blink: Is this because of the panasonic DVD recording format? Any Ideas???

You probably have to finalise the dvd first.

Check your manual....

Normally if you want to view your recordings on another DVD player, you'll need to perform an action on it.

Might not be called finalise, but it should be in there.

Does it play on the Recorder once you've written to it?

I can only get it to play recorded DVD's on the recorder its self, ill look in the manual, cheers:Pling: :)

Check your manual....

Normally if you want to view your recordings on another DVD player, you'll need to perform an action on it.

Might not be called finalize, but it should be in there.

Does it play on the Recorder once you've written to it?

It is called "Finalize" , I've got a Panasonic! :)

Press "DVD" on the remote.

Press the "function" button.

Select "Setup" and then "Disc Management"

Select "Finalize"

Guest GirlRacer!

ooh! soooooo close!!! I can't wait to see this! :)

Glad you guys know what you're doing! All this uploading DVD stuff - whooooooooooooosh! straight over my head!

(Heehee! Good job I'm not blonde or that would've sounded really dum!!!!) ;)