The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Neons?

rick001

:yeahthat:

Thats correct, I have heard of people having blue undercar neons and have been done for impersonating a police car :wtfsign:

Yup, I got done for that once in Guildford, when I was younger.... I was tempted to say to the policeman "And how many police cars do you see upside down"... but sensibility kicked in and I took the £30 fine and went on my way....

I'm going out on a limb here, for fear of being flamed, but:

I have neons on my Leon. They were an xmas present, and so felt like I HAD to install them so as not to upset the giver of the present...

Thats not to say i don't like them though - i love them! (if done right!)

I spent a good 2-3months planning the install, so I got it right. The tubes are so perfectly placed that unless you are virtually under the car, you cannot see the tubes directly.

I also went for red coloured neons - a) because they look good and b) so that it wouldnt draw too much attention like blue and green.

Finally - so as to not be classed a "chav" - I installed the on/off switch in the boot of my car. Meaning i could only ever have them on when parked up for shows/meets etc, and so that none of my passengers could fiddle with them. I do NOT drive on public roads with them switched on.

I still think the rule is that if the tube can be seen, its illegal. I don't know where the police would stand with these new neons - its probably possible for the user to set it up so that they do glow the correct colours.

Guest Nicholas
If neons are "chav" purely because too many chavs use/own them, then be prepared to be driving a "chav-wagon" soon - far too many supra's being sold to them now! (more affordable cars due to decreasing prices)

You seem to have missed the part where I said IMO :p plus I never said Supra's were chav just neon kit's on any car IMO.