The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo On a Budget

SupraKid

can i ask how you think you are going to get insured at 19 on a single turbo supra?

have you declared your other mods to the insurance?

dont mean to be a party pooper but just was reading your first thread about purchasing and being 19 at uni with a smallish wage.

the running costs of a single, plus the unreliability and potential for further big issues has got to be considered.

G

my current mods are declared :)

I am at uni, but on my sandwich year!

I have good disposable income at the moment. Im working full time, so money isnt really a major factor. I live at home, so dont pay any bills or anything either! All my money is just spent on my car! :p

wow! thats a hell of a lot, i was thinking about getting it done in and around february, when im going to be 20! But if you got a qoute at 21 for 3k, leaves me with no hope!

Nope.....i have run practically every company out there. most promise to call me back and never do. I also have IAM which brings it down.

Ill be 22 when i get my car back on the rd......hopefully the premium will have gone down by then as its more than i can afford!

I think he meant insurance. I have been quoted just shy of 3k on a single @ 21.

Ah! My bad.

If he wants more power - than just standard decatted stockers - and is restricted on Insurance. Then Hybrids are the only choice.

Since the turbo casings will still say "Toyota" on them - they'll look standard from the outside. Unless, they've been taken apart.

Of course, the supporting mods to run 1.4 bar - is still going to be similar to a single.

A Front Mount, bigger injectors. A SAFC-2 minimum - I'd recommend the E-Manage.

Ah! My bad.

If he wants more power - than just standard decatted stockers - and is restricted on Insurance. Then Hybrids are the only choice.

Since the turbo casings will still say "Toyota" on them - they'll look standard from the outside. Unless, they've been taken apart.

Of course, the supporting mods to run 1.4 bar - is still going to be similar to a single.

A Front Mount, bigger injectors. A SAFC-2 minimum - I'd recommend the E-Manage.

Sound advice!

Think im justing going to do BPU+, single is working out far to costly! Maybe in few years time!

Now im going to just go BPU+ with hybrid turbos and concentrate on the looks department a bit. i want mine to look exactly like this Supra, its soo bufffff:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=2745&d=1150296910

which front bumper is this btw?