The mkiv Supra Owners Club

people with BPU auto TTs

RobEvans

Me with completely standard j-spec auto - 13.558 @ 103.4 MPH.

Me with BPU j-spec auto - 12.51 @ 109 MPH.

Sorry for the slight hijack, but was your 1/4 BPU time of 12.5 done with a quick launch? (Guess it was with a high-stall TC!) I can't get under 13.6 in my BPU auto TT but my terminal speed is also 109mph :(

Do you know what your 0-60 was on that run? :)

monkey mark run an 11 odd second quarter on stock turbos at BPU I believe....sound good ;) also a lot of other guys have run low 12's I watching suprasteve and steveyboy on here both run 12's at the pod ;)

Steveyboy is auto but i'm manual.

going from standard to BPU is the best £1,500 i've ever spent (i'm sure you could get it done for less). It should be against the law not to :tongue:

Neg points to consider...

-less mpg

-potential reduction in shelf life of turbos

-much louder inside and outside of the car

-may increase insurance premiums

-less grip in rain (due to massive serge in power at 4,000 rpm)

Sorry for the slight hijack, but was your 1/4 BPU time of 12.5 done with a quick launch? (Guess it was with a high-stall TC!) I can't get under 13.6 in my BPU auto TT but my terminal speed is also 109mph :(

Do you know what your 0-60 was on that run? :)

It was done at Elvington (TOTB5) so not a great surface.... 60ft will have been 1.8 sec at best (although TOTB Chris Mann never got back to me with a list of 60ft's from the day) running BFG Drag Radial Tyres on the back (these are street legal with tread pattern etc). At Santapod I'm confident I could do a 1.7 sec 60ft, possibly a 1.6 sec 60ft.

My time with the car standard was with normal Falken FK-452 road tyres and that was with a 2.0 sec 60ft (best in club on normal tyres).

The key to low 1/4 times for any given power / terminal is decent 60ft's.

Cheers,

Brian.