The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J spec an SZ

SUPRACHRIS

Originally posted by Red

It certainly is very weird, When I was getting quotes for my car (94 SZ) I was getting quoted £2000 from tesco. When I bought the car and gave them the registration it went down by £800!!!!! this is because it is appearing on their records as a 3.0L Coupe. No mention of an SZ at all. They were as shocked as me and told me I had to check the registration docs when I got them.

The docs say it is an imported 2997cc Toyota Coupe. Not even a mention of Supra, never mind SZ!! although it did come up as a supra on tesco's records. This is VERY weird and I am a little worried about the validity of my insurance. But surely they cant get out of a claim if this is what it says on the reg documents. If I wasn't into Supras so much, I wouldn't know any different (SZ etc) would I????

Red is that your Supe in yuor avatar, if so where did you get those dark lenses...

They were like that when it came over from japan mate. Personally I am still undecided. I do like the look of them, and I dont know of ANYONE else who has them, so they are good in that respect. But I also really like the standard rear light cluster so.........:)