The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Buying Dilemma

Guest Jamie

Originally posted by Jake

LOL Gotcha, sorry mate I thought you were having a pop at me spelling the word 'point' wrong

http://www.mpaconsultancy.co.uk/iamstupid.gif

Lol no worries mate, its all good fun!

Jamie, I think you could be right with that as so far any J-spec i've seen with the 17's has had the larger brakes too, but as they were optional who knows!, more likely than not though!.

So Neil what GTR you buying? R33 I imagine? they do look/sound sweet, got any pics?

Edit: Just seen your sig! My god your buying the best colour!!:cool:

Originally posted by Jamie

One more question about J Spec cars. I was under the impression that the models with 17" factory alloys on, came with the larger brake discs (simliar to that found on the UK's)? Could someone please confirm or deny this.

Cheers

Jamie

Basically you can't guarantee this, as the wheels were optional even on cars that came with the small brakes. From the facelift onwards (which is another possible reason to buy an import - they stopped selling UK cars before the facelift) the RZ came as 6sp with standard large wheels and brakes and the RZ-S with small wheels and brakes as standard, but both seemed to be options.

Here's a pic of the small brakes...

smallbrakes.jpg

Originally posted by TDRAPER

So Neil what GTR you buying? R33 I imagine? they do look/sound sweet, got any pics?

Edit: Just seen your sig! My god your buying the best colour!!:cool:

Yeah mate R33 GTR, should pick up on Thurs. Then I'll get some pics up!

:cool: re the colour ;) :D Was top of my list too.

I must stop :hijack: ;) LMAO! Even though its my job!

Guest Jamie

Cheers for that Simon. I'll add that to my ever growing check list of things to look out for :D I think it might be advisable for me to get one with the larger discs, I'm for ever driving too fast and braking to late ;)

Cheers

Jamie

Guest m5 killer

go for a uk spec and if you dont mind left hand drive you can get a tt targa from germany same as uk spec as for ceramic blades if you are that worried then change the bloody things cant get no simpler than that ps you cant beat british:D :) :p