The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Banzai @ Crail 18th April

Grazer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah..... mine used to be a twat off the line, then once it was going :eek: :eek: :eek:

used to pass impreza's etc like they were standing still around the 1/2 3/4 mark LOL

Think i've got a new clutch for the skyboat now, a nice new R32 GTR one, so should get more bite.... but in current spec i can only hope for a low 14 i think :(

Fixed my ace white supra today too.... back running on all 6 :moo:

You said you lived down by OT..... im staying in Ocean Apartments now, just along from OT

Originally posted by Grazer

After Supradan's clutch smoking it's mine that's buggered :(

You guys come accross helix clutches? I really need to make a decision today...

Yeah I believe Helix was who / what Toyota Team Europe used clutch wise for the ST205 GT4 rally cars :)

Why have you found a suitable Helix at a decent price?

Sorry to hear about your clutch troubles! Hey, at least it's not a turbo :blink:

Originally posted by Grazer

AVA in paisley can get a Helix sprung full paddle plate clutch for £480 inc vat. They're not sure how much it'll be to fit as they haven't done a supra before :eek:

They seem pretty competent - fingers crossed!

That's a good price, sounds like the equivalent of the GT4 unit and I know they sell for around £700. Labour should be minimal on an inline engine like in the Supra - pretty easy job with ramps etc.

AVA have a good rep especially in the Cossie world.

clutch was ok after i let it cool down for about an hour. had another 3 runs although i didnt push it. really dissapointed as its only a few months old, its the first time ive raced with it but my old clutch did about 20 runs and never complained. any idea why it would overheat so badly?:(