The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Single Advice?

rob wild

Ok so after the problems with the oil feed return I finally made some progress. I think i found a good work around for the oil feed return by using the original stock adapter and then a new very short rubber hose between that and the new pipe. It seems to work as it place the pipe away from the manifold but also has a good flow with no kinks on heavy bends etc.

Just going to go and weild on my custom boss for my wideband. :)

Will post more picture of the install just incase anybody finds them intresting for future reference.

Turbo-picture3.JPG

Dude i had the same problem with the return pipe fouling on that bolt.

I removed the bolt and cut off enough for the return to go on without touching it.

I have my cover vented to atmosphere (k&n) and my idle control valve has a k&n on too. but i didn't know about the exploding thing :(

Only other prob was the return coming down from the turbo, the big thick braided line catches on the steering rack shafts Universal joint. i used metal ties to pull it away from this (i should really do something with this as it wasn't the best option)

TBH, its a piece off piss to fit yourself. i loved doing mine. Its great when someone asks you "where did you get that done" "erm, i built it myself :tongue: "

Dude i had the same problem with the return pipe fouling on that bolt.

I removed the bolt and cut off enough for the return to go on without touching it.

Only other prob was the return coming down from the turbo, the big thick braided line catches on the steering rack shafts Universal joint. i used metal ties to pull it away from this (i should really do something with this as it wasn't the best option)

TBH, its a piece off piss to fit yourself. i loved doing mine. Its great when someone asks you "where did you get that done" "erm, i built it myself :tongue: "

Yeah well that is what i was thinking mine cause it was fould by both the steering bolt, Hydraulic pipe etc so using the orignal housing moves it away from all those parts :)

Must say it looks quality when its fitted :D !

I think i'm going to get my tig weilder out and put a nipple on there for the crankcase breathing system might be the best option long term!

Are you using a avcr with your PHR? How have you got it set up? Also do you know what boost the wastegate is set to on a PHR kit?

Cheers :)

yeh i use an AVCR, the HKS 60mm wastegate is set to 1 bar. think its the 50mm thats set to 0.8

Initially my AVCR was set up at Thor's. Ive tinkled with it since. Each car is different so my settings wont be the same for you. Just set it to 1bar and set the duty very low and it will only get to 1bar max (i do this for my first gear setting to get more traction)

yeh i use an AVCR, the HKS 60mm wastegate is set to 1 bar. think its the 50mm thats set to 0.8

Initially my AVCR was set up at Thor's. Ive tinkled with it since. Each car is different so my settings wont be the same for you. Just set it to 1bar and set the duty very low and it will only get to 1bar max (i do this for my first gear setting to get more traction)

Cheers! It is connected as the following suggests?

"On the compressor housing there is a vacuum port, take one of the fittings supplied and screw it in. Run a hose from the side port of the wastegate to the turbo, go into a T and run the other end to the "in" of the boost controller. Then run a separate hose from the top of the wastegate to the "out" port of the boost controller. Most boost controllers require you to swtich the controller from actuatore to external wastegate. "

• 3 weeks later...