The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering at speed

Steve Cargill

Following an NSX toady crusing at 100-120 (on my own private test track before anyone asks.....) I noticed that between 100 and 110 the steering started getting lighter and felt odd.  It wasn't like the variable rate PAS, more like the front end of the car going light.

It still drove OK, but just wonder if this is normal - I'm not going to take off shortly, am I  :-()

Quote: from Steve Cargill on 1:45 pm on Oct. 22, 2001[br]Following an NSX toady crusing at 100-120 (on my own private test track before anyone asks.....) I noticed that between 100 and 110 the steering started getting lighter and felt odd.  It wasn't like the variable rate PAS, more like the front end of the car going light.

It still drove OK, but just wonder if this is normal - I'm not going to take off shortly, am I  :-()

Did you hear BEEP BEEP "Rotate", BEEP BEEP "Rotate", by any chance?

Hi Supragirl, no active spoiler and the bodywork is standard.  Is that something you'd get if you didn't have your spoiler down?  Is your spoiler up the same as a fixed one?

Paul, I think Heathrow tower may have got me confused with Concord, it was taking off at about the same time.

P.S. the NSX toady is not a new ugly model, just having finger problems :-(

Guest Supragirl
Quote: from Steve Cargill on 2:15 pm on Oct. 22, 2001[br]Hi Supragirl, no active spoiler and the bodywork is standard.  Is that something you'd get if you didn't have your spoiler down?  Is your spoiler up the same as a fixed one?

I know when other Supra drivers have had problems with their active spoiler not coming down that the front of the car can feel very "light", but as you don't have an active front spoiler that cannot be the answer.

What happened when you went over 110?? Did the "light" feeling disappear?

Odo still reads in K's.  Speedo was a 180Kph that now read 180MPH.

Does the signal wrap around or generally get confused then?  If anything I'd have thought the affect would have been my extra assistance would have stayed on until a higher speed as it would either be wheel rotations that stayed the same, or effectivly percentage way around the speedo.  Or am I talking 'ollox?