The mkiv Supra Owners Club

alignment help...

Roy

bit of an update guys. went down to mattH's (my source of local fun!:p ) which is about an hour on the m25/m20 from london so expected to feel the difference in handling.

bearing in mind that on the drive back from northway tyres (watford), it felt far better, i was surprised to see the handling was not great (although better than before the alignment) on the motorway. i am comparing this to before i had the tyres changed (i went from 245/285 pzeroes to 245/275 gdyear f1s on 18'' rims) where the car felt absolutely planted.

it still pulled (a bit only) to the left and the front end went light at 120+ leptons...very worrying!:( plus the steering was quite jittery. matt had a go in it and also felt the same - to use his words 'nervous' n 'skipping'.

funny thing is - on the drive home, it again felt far better although the jitteriness was still there a bit. i am now thoroughly confused. how can it behave one way then another so quickly ? :eek:

besides alignment - could be another source of this problem ? i am tempted to head to micheldevers to see if this can be sorted. pls don't get me wrong, i am in no way blaming northway but just want/need a second opinion. i realise that 40 mins is a bit short but i assumed that laser alignment was quick ? i had it done once before and it took close to 2 hours but wasn't a laser jobbie so therefore thought 40 mins was sufficient ? cost about the same though ... :conf:

any thoughts would be much appreciated guys. oh, and phil - the alignment has stopped the RLTC from kicking in so much like before - relatively normal now so thanks.:)

buggered if i know what to do now ... :blink: